HRM?

Options
Has anyone used a hrm from Wal Mart?...the ones u wear on your wrist. I think they are like $45. Do they work? Thinking about going to pick on up today.

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it has a chest strap. It's the chest strap that really makes an HRM accurate. Polar is great. :) I got mine for about $100 at a sporting goods store, but they're a lot less if you buy one online from amazon, ebay, etc.
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I have one from Walmart. I have the $28 7 function one and like it. I do try to check my pulse every minute or so to keep it as accurate as possible. I tried the $38 12 function one. I could not get it to work as well for the heart rate.
  • crnbhr
    crnbhr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bought the New Balance one from Target with a chest strap for $65. It works great.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 from ebay for $49.99 and it was brand new still in the box.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bought the New Balance one from Target with a chest strap for $65. It works great.

I also bought a New Balance from Target a few weeks ago for $69.

I initially didn't want to spend that much, but figured I would rather pay a little bit more for one that is more accurate with a few more features I want. I love it!
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    I got my Polar FT4 from ebay for $49.99 and it was brand new still in the box.

I have this one as well and love it! I got it on Amazon for a little bit more...wish I found it for this price! But make sure to get one with a chest strap. I bought the one from Wal-Mart and it was ok but not very accurate.
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought the sportline one from Walmart with just the wrist watch part and found it wasnt that acurrate so i returned it and bought one with the chest strap and found it to be alot more acurrate then both the wrist watch only one and alot more acurrate then what this site gives as calories burned.

Its a Reebok one from Sports Authority marked down to $34 from $89 and I love it!

I second getting one with the chest strap and one that makes you put in your age, height, and weight.
    I cant see walking or working out without it!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've recently bought a heart rate monitor with a 'setting the calorie correction factor' function. Out of the box, this correction factor is set at 1 (ex. for a 1 hour running workout at 12km/h gives a value of: 1,000 calories expended), however it can be adjusted. How do I know if I should be +/- 1?