Hydroxycut...yes or no?

Options
So, I bought some Hydroxycut but I'm not sure about taking the stuff. It's caffiene-free, which seems good but I have no idea how/if it works. I am working out at least 3x a week and keeping right at my calorie in-take levels. I'm loosing weight, but I could use a boost.

Has anyone taken this stuff? If so, what were your results?

Replies

• ms61840
    Options
    So, I bought some Hydroxycut but I'm not sure about taking the stuff. It's caffiene-free, which seems good but I have no idea how/if it works. I am working out at least 3x a week and keeping right at my calorie in-take levels. I'm loosing weight, but I could use a boost.

Has anyone taken this stuff? If so, what were your results?
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    I just bought it thats weird! I'll let you know soon! Feel ok today. More of a boost, Not really hungry(which is great!) Who knows?:ohwell:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've heard good and bad things about this stuff, but from all the consumer products reports I can find, its one of the best diet pills out there, but I dont know if that says anything lol. :tongue: I've been toying with the idea of trying it. Let me know how it goes!
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I would hold off until U plateau. This is a marathon not a sprint, as I have been told before. That stuff made so jittery by the time I was using the full dose that I had to quit. Please be careful if U do use it, dont ignore any side effects like a racing heart beat. It may not effect you like that but thought I would at least warn ya.

Good luck in however you do it.

:drinker:
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I took it for a while - I didn't see much of a change - but I had a friend who basically stopped eating... she never felt hungry... so just be careful!
  • Joselem
    Options
    I would not take it... this is all about lifestyle changes, can you take a diet pill for the rest of your life? Can you add one more work-out, or change eating habits (cut out all the white stuff) or try to eat as naturally as possible? Can you talk positively and affirm to yourself that you are worth it? These changes are positive lifestyle changes which maintain health. Drugs?? No thankyou..
    You are worth staying naturally and safely healthy! Cheers!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've heard good and bad things...

It does help you when you hit a plateau, but it basically just dehydrates you. You'll pee often. But it does help shake up your body a little by changing appetite and giving more energy which heats up your metabolism, but it isn't something i'd suggest to anyone.
    I know almost everyone on this site is against drugs like this, and I'm not one to advocate them, but I think that for a short time it can help get things started again.

Your body needs to switch things up from time to time, wether it be in your diet or exercise, and the pills can do that, but it's not exactly the best choice. Be safe with it, if you do choose to use it.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I stay away from all that, but that's me! I took some diet pills years ago and I think the stuff messed up my metabolism! Just now getting back to normal! If I had it to do over again, would have never taken it. If you decide to take it, just be careful!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not taking them.
    I've taken TONS of "weight loss" pills over the years....totally has messed up my body. You gotta remember some of the stuff you take in actually stays in your body for a while, causing all sorts of fun issues.

Just my opinion though.
  • ms61840
    Options
    Hmmm...thanks for the comments everyone. Good stuff to think about. The fact that no one was a big fan or had significantly positive things to tell says a lot. I think I may chill out and see what happens.
  • BEFORE
    Options
    I would not take it... this is all about lifestyle changes, can you take a diet pill for the rest of your life? Can you add one more work-out, or change eating habits (cut out all the white stuff) or try to eat as naturally as possible? Can you talk positively and affirm to yourself that you are worth it? These changes are positive lifestyle changes which maintain health. Drugs?? No thankyou..
    You are worth staying naturally and safely healthy! Cheers!

Well said.
  • BEFORE
    Options
    Hmmm...thanks for the comments everyone. Good stuff to think about. The fact that no one was a big fan or had significantly positive things to tell says a lot. I think I may chill out and see what happens.

Did ya keep your receipt.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Amarion
    Options
    I work at GNC (general nutrition center), and several of my friends are bodybuilders...who actually use thermogenic stimulants such as hydroxycut for their competitions. Any thermogenic, such as HC, will work if you eat very healthy and exercise regularly.. they will not work if you decide to "cheat". Basicaly, all they do is burn fat and are a good source of energy for when you work out..but in all honesty, the amount it says to take, which ends up being six a day, is useless if you are not working out. When you take that much, and then do not use up the energy, it can mess with you. It may give you heart palpitations if you take too much. It can mess with your sleeping patterns, make you feel very jittery, irregular breathing paterns, and lots of sweating...makes me think of menopause...haha maybe. but anyways, its all up to you and how you work out...which therfore depends on if you wasted your money or not.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    It's amazing that all of these diet pills say they work with diet and exercise. I don't take anything and lose weight with diet and exercise.

I think we would all love a quick fix, but they are not the answer. I have friends that have lost tons of weight with diet pills (prescription pills), all of them alway gained all the weight plus back. Then went back and gotten pills again and it came off slower the next time and then they ended up gaining it all back plus again. Stick with what you are doing and you will be better off for it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    NO!:smile:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I work at GNC (general nutrition center), and several of my friends are bodybuilders...who actually use thermogenic stimulants such as hydroxycut for their competitions. Any thermogenic, such as HC, will work if you eat very healthy and exercise regularly.. they will not work if you decide to "cheat". Basicaly, all they do is burn fat and are a good source of energy for when you work out..but in all honesty, the amount it says to take, which ends up being six a day, is useless if you are not working out. When you take that much, and then do not use up the energy, it can mess with you. It may give you heart palpitations if you take too much. It can mess with your sleeping patterns, make you feel very jittery, irregular breathing paterns, and lots of sweating...makes me think of menopause...haha maybe. but anyways, its all up to you and how you work out...which therfore depends on if you wasted your money or not.

I'm not looking for a weight loss pill but for something that will help increase the fat burning process. Can this help me or do you know of something else. Again, I'm not looking for a diet pill just something to help me burn more fat. Thanks
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I don't understand the point of diet pills, MFP works without them. That's not a lifestyle change, having to live healthy with pills
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

I'm not looking for a weight loss pill but for something that will help increase the fat burning process. Can this help me or do you know of something else. Again, I'm not looking for a diet pill just something to help me burn more fat. Thanks

Yea....exercise. :laugh:

Don't waste your money on 'thermogenics'. There's a reason the FDA doesn't back them--there's no evidence that they even DO anything. Most of them are caffeine pills containing high levels of caffeine--and when you take 6 a day, of course it will cause jitters and sleeplessness. You're loading yourself with stimulants. Will that increase the amount of calories you burn in a day? Sure, a few. But that's at the price of increasing your blood pressure and causing your heart rate to increase. And it won't just 'burn fat'. You'll utilize carbohydrates and fats in the same way you do now--carbohydrates preferentially during anaerobic activity, fats preferentially at rest.

No offense to you Amarion, but when I walk into ANY store that sells "mRNA" in a bottle, I know I'm in the wrong place.