belly and hips fat

Options
Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
hi,

Can anyone give me some good tips on how to burn ( what exercise to do ) more belly fat and fat around the hips ? I improved my muscles a lot with crunches and abs but still there is fat there and dunno how to make it go.

Thanks

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Try Yoga poses.
  • kwgatlin
    kwgatlin Posts: 6
    Options
    I've done some dance videos. Bollywood dance is helpful in that area.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I've done some dance videos. Bollywood dance is helpful in that area.
    I start Zumba tomorrow night, but Bollywood sounds awesome!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say (because I'd love to get rid of mine too), but you can't spot reduce. However, with diet and exercise (try cardio and resistance) you can lower your total body fat percentage.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cardio helps get rid of the fat
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. getting your heart rate up and that fat a burning. I'm in the same boat you are now. I have ab muscle built up but belly fat and love handles covering them all up. All the research I've done says to incorporate cardio into your workout (running, aerobics, dance).
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I have the same problem. My belly and hips aren't cooperating. Jillian Michaels posted this on Facebook this morning:

Smart Tip: Six pack abs aren't about crunches. You CAN NOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get a washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, & over all core based functional training. For example try moves like mountain climbers, jumping jacks with high kicks, lunge with rotation etc. These moves are dynamic (burn lots of cals) & condition abs at the same time.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Your body loses weight where it's most needed first. Meaning you can't try to lose in just one area. A proper diet and exercise and you will lose in no time.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    You can't spot reduce
    Watch your diet closely, do your cardio and strength training.
    HIIT (high intensity interval training is the best to burn fat. But your diet is 80% of your results. Once that's tight you will see some changes.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba and KettleWorx (kettlebells) for strength training. I have lost a lot of inches, but found I wasn't losing as much in the hip and thigh area. In the last two weeks I have added elliptical training (I brushed off a machine I have had for a long time), and guess where I am seeing results? Yep, hips and thighs. I'm doing about 20-25 minutes on the elliptical. Some days I also add the kettlebells, some days add the Zumba 20 Min. Express. It has helped me get over a hump in many ways.

Hope this is helpful!
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. getting your heart rate up and that fat a burning. I'm in the same boat you are now. I have ab muscle built up but belly fat and love handles covering them all up. All the research I've done says to incorporate cardio into your workout (running, aerobics, dance).

Ditto!
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian's Six Week Six Pack - its a 35 minute workout with a combination of cardio and exercises aimed at your core. Warning - its very intense. I started it recently and can still barely get through Level 1! :tongue: