I like my curves!

Options
So besides doing my 24hr fitness classes I use the elliptical alot when i dont go to a class during the evening. Ive noticed since ive been losing weight that my pants are getting saggier in the butt. Ive always been somewhat curvy! And i like my curves!! Im looking to lose lbs and tighten everything up.. However I dont want to get rid of my butt completly haha.. does the elliptical do that to you?!? All im saying is I dont want to stick to doing the elliptical all the time if im going to have a pancake *kitten*!!!:happy: haha I want my butt! :blushing:

Replies

• stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    not sure about the elliptical.. but if you want to keep your butt i recommend using the treadmill on an incline!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    The elliptical is good, try adding resistance. You can also try the elliptical glide and put it at an incline so it can target that area.
    You can also try the stepmill and skip a step and kick your leg outwards. You can do squats, hamstring curls, the butt blaster. All sorts of things you can do.

Good luck!
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    adding the resistance on the elliptical would enhance my butt?? Or would it target that area to make it smaller??
  • jenniferhanks
    jenniferhanks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would recommend adding some squats to your workout :)
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ya bike riding is also really good to give your butt a lift, and squats, oh and i actually just found a really good pilates video on youtube that I think you might like... http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates#p/u/9/7Q7L673i8OY
  • babytmarie27
    Options
    i'd recommend squats, donkey kicks, etc and I agree with the treadmill on incline....maybe alternate the elliptical with the stair climber
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    adding the resistance on the elliptical would enhance my butt?? Or would it target that area to make it smaller??

Resistance and incline will help tighten and build muscle in your butt. It's not going to make it smaller as you can't 'spot reduce'. The fat comes off where your genetics are willing to let it go.

Even though your pants are saggy, don't assume it's all coming off your butt. Mine are saggy too, but it's because my abdomen is getting smaller. And also don't forget that it's not ONE body part that will get smaller--everything will, so it should still look pretty well-proportioned when all of you is smaller.
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    thank you guys!! love ur responses!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I really love my butt and every time I measure I hold my breath and pray for an increase when I get to my booty!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    The elliptical is my #1 workout, and it has been for like 8 years- and no matter how I want it to, it has yet to make my bum go away. I've lost all over, of course- but I don't think my curve ratios have changed at all.