getting annoyed with my body :(

Options
i started mfp in jan and was really impressed when i managed to lose 1 stone in 2 1/2 months.

since i lost this my weight hasnt changed at all, my calorie goal is now lower im eating 80 fewer calories each day. for 3 weeks now my weight has stayed the same.

im getting really annoyed and frustrated with this losing motivation quickly :(

Replies

• tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    I completely feel your pain! I have been on MFP for 3 weeks now, and the scale hasn't budged!! I work out 5 days a week too and no change whatsoever! It's very disheartening and annoying!! Feel free to add me as a friend and we'll get through this together!
  • Chase3cans
    Chase3cans Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! So disheartened this morning to find out I actually GAINED two pounds back! I am at or under my calorie goal and exercising every day, running and horseback riding. The only thing I can think of is I had too much salt intake and am retaining water?? UGH, I guess, all we can do is have patience and stick with it - sooner or later the body has to let go right? Have you tried varying your exercise routine - for example if you are on the treadmill - try intervals of walking, sprinting, fast walk, sprint - etc. Good Luck and keep at it!
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    What I have heard works is increasing your calorie count for a few days/a week and then going back down. It gives your body that fuel it needs to start burning more fat. For example, if you are at 1200 calories, try going up to 1400 or 1500 for a week. Then go back down. Your body may need to mix it up a little bit. Everyone is different, so I'm not sure if this will work for you.
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    try zig zagging your calories and step up your exercise regime a gear and make sure to log everything. Last time I plateaued the same as you I doubled my efforts at the gym and voila.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    If you aren't eating your workout calories back and your net calories are under 1,200 then your body will go on starvation mode and store as much fat as it can, either making you stay or gain weight.