Size

vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
edited September 26 in Success Stories
I can tell by many of the posts on here that there are women that will complete understand this post, and others on this site that have no idea.
Here it is. Women's clothing comes in the XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, etc. The 1X and up are in the Women's section (I guess only real women ever actually get to learn about the joy of shopping in this section!)
I have been stuck in the Women's section for a long time. The shirts don't tend to be very attractive - think tents with ugly patterns!
I was able this weekend, for the first time in years, to buy clothes in the 'normal' section. I even was able to get a few Victoria's Secret shirts! I am ok with wearing the largest clothes available in these sections because at least I can wear them again! Welcome back!
I can't wait to keep going down through these sizes and to wear shirts that are no longer tents, but cute, stylish, and in patterns that don't make me cringe!

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Keep up the great work! :D
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    love this! wonderful success for you - keep it up! happy dancing for you, because i've recently been demoted from the plus sizes myself, though i haven't dared victoria secrets yet - congratulations!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    A great victory. Well done and keep up the great work.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    One of my greatest moments in the last year was to be able to go to the mall and look for clothes in ANY store. I've now transitioned down to the point where the plus stores that start at size 14 are even too big.
    It didn't feel vain, it felt so empowering and amazing to actually feel that good about myself . . . so I completely know where you are coming from.
    Good luck to you in working your way down those sizes as well!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    aww well done. its def woman thing! i know the feeling about finally being able to feel good in your own skin. keep up the good work :)
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    I CANNOT WAIT for that day! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!