Stretch Marks

Options
Is there anyone else out there who feels like me???

So I absolutely hate my stretch marks..... like despise them. & i feel like no matter how skinny i get i will never show my stomach in public, I will never wear a 2 piece bathing suit.... Ever. Im glad that i wil be able to look good with my clothes on & i will feel more sexy with my boyfriend but i feel like i will still always have some insecurity about my stretch marks.

I just wish they would go away, or that there was some magic cream out there to get rid of them.

Replies

• NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I have loads of them :frown:

They are totally worth it to have my son, but if I could get rid of them......I would!
  • jennlloyd
    jennlloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Totally understand!
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    I know that there are creams you can use, but I don't know how effective they are. I personally have a tummy full of them from having my kids. But I know that when I'm thin enough to wear a bathing suit, I'll wear whatever I want. It's not about what other people think about you, it's all about what you think of yourself!
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options
    Between my butt tummy and underarms yuck! Was seriously considering surgery in. A few mo ths .. Then read on Jillian's blg that she kept her stretch marks and let them Fade naturally as they were her reminders of who shwe was and how far she came to beingnher now...YES even jillian michaels has stretch marks!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    eh, just put some tinted moisturizer on them and call it a day. I don't particularly like the cellulite on my *kitten* and stomach but...idk im usually wearing clothes? loool so im not worried?
    and god my boyfriends opinion of how i look is the LAST thing im worried about-hes dating me isnt he?
    if its that big of a deal and STILL bothers you in a few years then go get some cosmetic surgery

I have ALWAYS hated my neck, ive always wanted to get it worked on but as the years go on i sort of care less and less....if the day comes where i have the money and im not horrified of pain then i probably will get it worked on
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    Yes, I know what you mean...my only saving grace is that they turn white instead of bright pink. I will never wear a bikini again either. Not sure if you got them from gaining weight or having a baby too...if you got them from having a baby then they are reminders of the little life you created and if you got them from just gaining weight, let them be reminders of never getting to that stage again...sorry I didnt have any magic creme but they are what they are...guess we just have to learn to live with it. Oh well, you could be like me with stretch marks and wrinkles :) Congrats on the weight loss!
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    OMG I hate my stretch marks. I have what seems like millions of them on my thighs... they are all faded but none the less there. I am trying to learn to embrace them but I think it is going to be a long time before I get there.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I also have them... all over my body, they are in my arms, legs, back and thighs, but I've learned to live with them, as part of my body, of course I've never use a bikini, mainly because I don't want to, but I'm not afraid anymore to show my arms and legs in public =)

I feel like if I don't care about them, neither should people, of course they may look ugly, but I don't care what they say, it is a matter of attitude ;)
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    Mary Kay had a good stretch mark cream that I used a few years ago that worked pretty good. Can't remember the name of it now though...
  • irvinea09
    Options
    I did find this article: http://www.ehow.com/how_2038896_stretch-marks-after-lose-weight.html
    In the article there is a link to a website that has an all natural lotion that is supposed to help with the removal of stretch marks naturally.
    I know that when I have some extra money I'm going to try it.
  • HurricaneJulia
    Options
    I think of them as a badge of my success. I remember what led me to acquire them and I remember all the hard work it took to reverse that effect. If I saw a girl who was in great shape, but had a few stretch marks, I'd think - Wow! She must have done really well for herself (:
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    We gotta accept what we can't change --- it's a waste to torture ourselves otherwise. I've had them from weight gain & now weight loss and like some other ladies have said - I just accept them as part of what I did to myself (by gaining weight) and as a reminder of how proud I am that I lost the weight... plenty of sexy bathing suits that don't have to be 2 pieces... just have to change the way you think about them - there are so many much more beautiful, wonderful things in life to worry about - don't waste time on the stuff that just simply doesn't matter. Not trying to say that your feelings about them aren't important -- trust me, I've had those same exact feelings but once I decided to get healthy on the outside, I decided to get healthy on the inside as well and that includes loving ALL of me -- flaws and all... some days are better than others but I really try to not nitpick at the flaws that I can't improve.