Salmon

Options
The spouse and I venture into new territory with our "Maybe we should eat fish?" movement tonight. Salmon. Now, I don't know if it's the salmon, or any of the other ingredients in the preparation - but after eating dinner (which was sided with steamed green beans and half a baked potato) I had this extreme calm sensation pass over me? Weird. Anywho:

Orange Ginger Salmon
2 4oz salmon fillets (defrosted if you get frozen)
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
zest from 1/2 an orange
cooking spray

Spray the inside of your baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Lay the fillets in the pan. Whisk ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and orange zest in a bowl until the sugar dissolves. Brush on top of the fillets. Pour any remaining liquid over the fish and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.

Replies

• michaeloro
    Options
    Sounds Delicious... I am going to have to try that.

My favorite Salmon Dish is called Alaskan Fire Cracker Salmon, not the healthiest thing, but the best salmon I have ever tasted.

Google it if you're interested
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Fish contains magnesium, which helps relax muscles and induces a calming effect. :-)
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    wow...sounds delicious...will try it out...I did have a Salmon with brown sugar on it and it was delicious! with the other added ingredients you post...yummyy... :wink:
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish minus the orange. LOL!

I was one who REFUSED fish, I mean come on! EWW!!

Now... wow, I still don't eat much, but Salmon, Tilapia, & Flounder, are now all things I like. Just wish I could still convince the kids it is chicken. HAHA!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Sounds Delicious... I am going to have to try that.

My favorite Salmon Dish is called Alaskan Fire Cracker Salmon, not the healthiest thing, but the best salmon I have ever tasted.

Google it if you're interested

Looking it up! Always interested in ways to cook fish as my mother never cooked it so I'm clueless. :-D
    Now... wow, I still don't eat much, but Salmon, Tilapia, & Flounder, are now all things I like. Just wish I could still convince the kids it is chicken. HAHA!

I'm psyched that mine eat sweet potatoes and fish sticks! :-D
    sounds delicious...will try it out..

The flavors melded better than I could have thought! :-D
    Fish contains magnesium, which helps relax muscles and induces a calming effect. :-)

I'm SO glad that I didn't make the effects up in my head. I seriously felt all warm and fuzzy with my cup of post-dinner green tea. :-D
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm in the Pacific Northwest so salmon is a way of life ;)
    Sometimes the simplest preparations are the tastiest! Simply pan cooking with Pam or using the George Foreman with simple seasonings like seasoned salt and granulated garlic or lemon pepper is surprisingly delicious!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm in the Pacific Northwest so salmon is a way of life ;)
    Sometimes the simplest preparations are the tastiest! Simply pan cooking with Pam or using the George Foreman with simple seasonings like seasoned salt and granulated garlic or lemon pepper is surprisingly delicious!

So true!
  • Lakelady48
    Options
    I have some 4 oz fillets in the freezer and can never think how to cook them. Just did this recipe for a light lunch and I love it. When it was baked, I topped it with a Tbl of low fat sour cream mixed with dry dill weed.