needing inspiration....

Options
geee so i think i need some words of encouragement from somebody not around me.,.,.,I have lost 34lbs total and in the last month i lost 9lbs.....i have i long road to go.,.,.I only lost a 1lb the last two weeks.,.,i know because i have not worked out since i have been sick.,.,and i need to get myself to move and i hate working out.,.,.,i still don't feel 100% but i feel like i am at a weak point in my weight loss....... kind like i want to give up :( i felt like that this a.m. but i still made my 3 egg whites sandwich..... well if nobody comments that is cool i just needed to vent and feel like i was heard.....

Replies

• shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    just keep it up, you've done AWESOME so far! look at some before and after pics for motivation :)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey you are doing great! 34 lbs lost is no small victory:)! Do not get discouraged, just keep doing what you are doing and the lbs will come off! Are you measuring yourself regularly? I bet you are losing inches. I know weeks that the scale isn't kind to me, I'm losing inches and inches is smaller clothing sizes! Stay positive, you can do this!!:)
  • WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    34lbs is awesome!! That is 3 sizes! Find something you enjoy doing for workouts--swimming, tennis, hiking, if you do what you love it won't seem like a workout!
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    You've done amazing so far! I know that getting sick can really put the damper on losing weight. I lost 25 lbs last year, got sick, and never went back. I gained 13-ish lbs back, and I'm now working on losing the weight that I originally lost. It's not worth it!! Just get right back up on that horse, and you will feel so much better!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the words can get us done. For example the word weight loss. After all who wants to lose? We all want to be winners so sometimes I play these little tricks with my own mind and call it health-winning not weight-losing. So rather than thinking about what my tricky body/mind wants to think as depriving myself (as in saying no to this or that overly fatty, processed food) I think about it as being kind to myself and being a winner who will not allow the body to rule me. After all, no one wants to a slave to their own body. You are in the driver's seat, not a mere passenger along for the ride.
    And yes, as many other blogs can attest, sometimes weight-loss stalls, but health-winning continues anyway. I have been through weeks of no weight-loss and then suddenly is starts up again. The key is to realize this will happen.
    Lastly, being sick is tough any time, especially when we have exercise, etc. on the mind. I think what you really need is a supportive hug, pamper yourself with maybe some NON-FOOD rewards and remember that every journey has its stopping points where we get out, look around and amaze ourselves with how far we have come. You can do it.
  • jangeliz
    jangeliz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You have done such a great job so far! Push the "feelings" aside and do what your head tells you is the right thing to do, one more day! It will pay off in the long run.
  • Jane122160
    Options
    just getting started myself. gotta get going after a eating crazy stressed out winter!!:
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    im new to this site & i find myself in the same boat as you. sometimes i hit a plateau & its really hard not to get discouraged. im only now starting to read everyones posts & im finding them very inspiring. i think wolffearl made some really good points in stating that health-winning instead of weightloss is a better term for what we are trying to accomplish. you have done amazing & should be very proud. its not an easy thing to do. i struggle to change my eating habits to better ones & find it difficult when i feel alone in my journey. but as jangeliz says dont give up. everyone needs inpiration & words of encouragement. just reading about your accomplishment has inspired me. im going to put some new music on my ipod & head out for a walk.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank-you all for all your words of encouragement and tips:) i am so glad i found this site!