New to MyFitnessPal

Options
So I've tried many ways to loose weight and nothing worked. So here I am trying again. Let's hope this works. I need it to. :smile:

Replies

• Kindrex83
    Kindrex83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new also. I love it so far. It's super easy and useful. You can add me if you'd like. We could all use a little support!
  • mjmtxk
    mjmtxk Posts: 33
    Options
    First of all welcome and good luck!

I think you'll find the most useful aspect of this site is it makes you THINK about what you eat and it helps hold you accountable. Yes, you can eat a box of ding dongs but if you list it on your food for the day it smacks you in the face with what you did! :-) Seriously, it really helps me to be aware. I think for so many years I would just graze. Ate pretty much what I wanted to and the slow creep of pounds and years eventually took over.

Second biggest thing is the encouragement and accountability of the "fitnesspal friends". It helps a lot.

My wife and I are doing it together and that adds a nice element to it as well. I don't want her to "beat" me on any given day and vice versa. :-)

Don't let a bad day get you down. Stick with it and you'll see the progress! Again, best of luck!!
  • hallekj
    hallekj Posts: 6
    Options
    I am fairly new too. My phone ap is great and easy to use. It helps me stay accountable throughout the day and the remaining calories feature encourages my to work out to "earn" those late in the day calories.

I have had a few missteps but it's easy to recover when I know exactly how much I overdid it. Remember on some days you may go over a little but on other days you will be under and it's how you do for the long haul that matters.

Add me as a friend and we can encourage each other.
  • nikkixxo
    nikkixxo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I am new here as well, and I am just looking for new ways to start losing weight! If anyone has any suggestions or advice feel free to add me :)
  • tmnm20041
    Options
    Hi, I am a new member. I am looking forward to losing weight and gaining friendships. Good luck to all and let's get busy helping and supporting each other in our success.

tmnm20041
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old. 4'10" tall and now weigh 147 pounds! My journey began at 187 pounds! On Jan 31st 2011, I had Lap-Band Surgery at the urging of my Cardiologist. He felt I needed the assistance in my weight loss endeavor! You see I played the yo-yo game for 27 years! Before I became pregnant I weighed 98 pounds, but I continued to gain more and more weight with each of my two children and it just never stopped :( I am sooooo THANKFUL for the results of my surgery, (though it is not for everyone) it has allowed me to be satisfied with small meals! I have LEARNED finally, to choose only healthy groceries for my household as well! I have LEARNED to LOVE exercising and am still LEARNING to drink lots of water! (I don't care for the taste :( ) I am on an exercise hiatus currently as April 1st I had a hysterectomy, but I can't wait to get back to it! We are all in this journey together though we may have different paths we take to get there! The key is simple; healthy portions of healthy foods, exercise, and lots of water! The support we give each other here makes a huge difference as well! I wish you all the best in your healthy weight endeavor!