Calorie Goals?

Options
I was wondering what other people's Calorie goals were that MFP gave them...

I can have 1230 a day.

So I was just wondering :)

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    1560 for me. My goal is to lose .5lbs a week since i only have 8lbs to lose :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1220. It doesn't take much to add up to that though.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    Mine was set at 1200 I entered that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1400 for me, set to lose 1.0 lbs/week. I generally exercise 5-6 days/week also and eat most of those calories as well.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1370 a day but usually add 3 to 500 more thru exercise, ends up by 1700 to 2000.
  • Jane122160
    Options
    I have 1230 also!! Now I have 400 something left for the day...wondering what to have for din din
  • RosebudLKF
    Options
    Mine is 1200 for a goal of a two pound loss per week.
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    I have 1260....it adds up quickly
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200. At first, it took no time to add up to that but now that I've figured out how to eat right, it takes a lot most days. I am really close to my goal and was looking this morning at what my totals will be to maintain, and it is over 1700. I can not imagine going from 1200 to 1700. That is going to be tough. I figure if I add a few high calorie foods like pnut butter or cheese, it will not take a lot more food to get to where i need to be. Also, I can add back in my 3-4 cups of milk a day that I have missed!! Sorry for the long explanation.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I manually set my own caloric goals on a daily basis since I zig-zag. Yesterday was my low intake day, so I set it to a net of 1600. Today is a moderate net intake of 1800 - 1900. My deficits are created through exercise, so I'll actually eat a lot more.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this in here for anyone who hasn't seen these threads - they can really help to determine healthy, realistic cal goals/deficits. Remember MFP is a "dumb tool". Even if you shouldn't be trying for a certain rate of loss due to where you are in the process and how much you have to lose, it will still try to help you get there (within the 1200 lower limit.) Be realistic and do it the healthy way. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Mine is at 1,200, but that's my deficit. I eat all my exercise calories back for the most part. Somedays I don't, and a lot of days I go over, but I still manage to lose a pound a week basically. Not bad :3
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Mine's 1560, to aim at 1lb loss a week, I think that's possibly because I'm 5'10" though?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    mine was 1200 i changed it to 1400 and still never get a net of 1200 if I exercise