Should I move on? 30DS question

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I do workout 10 LVL 1 tonight. I only had one day off (it was my anniversary) But this will still be my 10th workout in the past 11 days. I have definitely improved from the beginning.
Things Im still having trouble with:
1.Pushups,I can do the variated version no problem,but can't do the real ones ( I actually did 10 real ones last night though,but thats it.)
2. Side lunge with arm lift. My arms get mega tired during the second minute of them and I cant lift them all the way.

'SO ,my question is : is it okay to move in to level 2 tomorrow,or should I do a few more days of level one to see if I can improve a bit more?

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    bump. i have the same question!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get any easier on Level 2. To me, it's the hardest level out of all 3. I was having the exact problems that you are having but I moved to the next level. I'm on my 2nd round of 30DS and still working on those dang pushups!:laugh: It's up to you.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i wait til i can nail the levels. so its taking me 3 months to do the 30 day shred.lol but then i figure i can start all over and do 30 days in 30 days......
  • MissEllie0426
    Options
    Try level 2 and see how you feel...if it seems too tough go back to level 1...I have weak shoulders and have resigned myself that I may never do great strong push-ups and that is okay :)
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same, push ups and arm raises. Hurt so bad and i'm on day 10. I can't see me comfortably being able to do real push ups for at least a month. I can only manage 10 when I turn my hands inwards as I do them.

I'm going to try 10 more days then see.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have been on L2 for a while and I can't do everything 100% but I am still going to just test the waters of L3. I say go for it.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think 10 days straight of working the same set of muscles in the same way is enough. I would move to Level 2. Also, although she doesn’t show the modification, you could also do the side lunges and raise each arm individually, versus both at the same time. It’s your workout and it’s okay to make it work for you, despite what the voice on the DVD is shouting. Because I have read many accounts of 30DS aggravating or causing knee problems, I rotate through the three levels instead of doing the same one for days at a time. So, there are many ways to approach the workout, including staying with one level until you feel completely strong.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use "doing pushups" as the the barometer for whether I should move up or not.

I've been attempting to do military style pushups for 7 (yes, that's SEVEN) years and STILL can only do a few and can't go all the way down.

Work at whatever pace is comfortable for you but don't worry about those pushups!

(I used to work for a prominent ortho doc in Philiadelphia who believed NO ONE should EVER do pushups because they can do so much damage to the shoulder joint! So there's also that to consider)

(and one more PS~ I don't have a mat at home and I'm doing the pushup section using the arm of my sofa~ military style~ but on an angle~you might want to start like that and "work your way down")
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    If you plan on doing the shred for 30 days only, I would move on to Level 2. I am 3 days into level 2 and although it is harder, its working different muscles and feels like a whole new workout. I never could do all the push ups perfectly either.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick feedback everyone!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oh i struggled with the same question since some of the Level 1 had become too easy and one step too hard (for me it is the jumprope).

My recomendation is MOVE ON. Level 2 is kicking my butt just the same way Level 1 did when i started that. All hard to do but no real soreness etc.

There are lots of modifications on Level 2 if you need them. No they did not get rid of the jumprope. :(. Nor can i do that any better :(. But now i can do pushups although they mixed thse up a bit YEAH!