foriegn languages

Options
Anidorie
Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
so what foriegn language do you speak? if you dont speakone, what do you wish you spoke? have you ever been to a country speaking the language you speak? if so what country? Why did you decided to learn that language?

i speak some German. I ahve never made it to Germany but i hope to one day. I also speak some Frecnh. I speak more german than french. I never want to go France. I have to learn French for school. German was becuase of my family history.

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I know some Czech and would love to become fluent in it but I can't find any place that teaches it soooo guess I'm out of luck there. I took two years of German in high school but hardly ever used it so I've since lost 99% of it... I would love to be fluent in German as well.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Italian. It was my first language. Now because I don't use it as much I've lost a lot of it :(
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    Italian .... :)
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Limited Arabic. DH is fluent.
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm STILL trying to learn German.
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    I am from Greece, so Greek... English, French, German, Japanese (also Latin and Ancient Greek if they count)
    I'm teaching myself Spanish atm (I have the "Teach yourself Italian" close by too)...
    I want to learn at least one of these languages in the next 3 years:
    Chinese (the way of the future!),
    Indian (to order delivery in original wording),
    Russian (how can you purely enjoy vodka otherwise),
    Arabic (because better be safe than sorry).
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I speak Catalan and Spanish (Spain) - native speaker (from near Barcelona)
    I speak English - lived in Ireland, UK, US. -live in the US now.
    I speak German - lived in Germany
    I speak some Occitan, French and Portuguese - summers spent there, and from Capoeira.
  • Deahder03
    Options
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and still know a lot of it. I was in the Air Force as a linguist and went to school for Persian Farsi (Iran). I can still write it, but because I havent used it since I got out I have lost so much. I think French is such a beautiful language and would love to learn it someday.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Czech...since I'm actually czech, i'm not sure if that's is considered foreign or if it would be English to me that's foreign....:laugh:
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know bits and pieces of Japanese and Korean, but I would love to learn the full languages, I learned more from Japanese for dummies than I did from Rosetta Stone -_-
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    :blushing: I speak russian french german and indian....

but russian and french I speak everyday!