Here we go!... (AGAIN)

Options
So my story is like most. I want to lose weight, get in shape, etc. However, I feel as though this is truly it for me. I have never felt so excited and focused before. I mean I usually start out excited and motivated (for example losing 30 lbs last summer), but somewhere along the way I lose site. I gained 6.5 of the 30 lbs back which is actually an achievement for me because usually I gain all of it plus back! But now I am ready. I am going to be 25 this summer and have always said that if I don't get the weight off by 25 I will never get it off. I am ready to start down that road. By the end of my 25th year I want to be in my healthy weight. I mean truly healthy. The thing is I am happy with myself. I don't want to be skinny, but I want to be healthy. I am considered to my doctor a "fit fat." Meaning, internally everything is healthy and I am athletic (I play rugby, do kickboxing, and run), but I have layers of fat on me. Not only layers of fat, but I carry most of it in my gut (which means that nasty visceral fat). I want to live a long and health life. My knees ache sometimes when I run and I know its because I am heavy. I want to get the weight off so I can run a marathon! I am ready to join this movement of those who inspire me. I look at some of your tickers out there and see you are down 74 lbs, 100 lbs etc. I want to join that group. I know I can! I am excited to start my journey (again).
:smile:

Replies

• gomezdowns
    gomezdowns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah! You can do it!!!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome! Stay honest with your food logging, Good or bad. You're going to learn Sooooo much about and will find tons of support on here. I lost weight before I joined, so I don't have alot more to lose. You can add me fir mote support and motivation. We can never have too much if it! Good luck!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Go for it. You can do this!:wink: I admire you for making this decision at your age. Good goin'!:smile:
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are on the right track! I, too, plan to (I dont use the words "hope to" any longer, I WILL do it) run a marathon! Best of luck! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like. :)
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    I'm with you on the excitement, this seems to be a really good opportunity to stop with the excuses and actually be responsible about losing the excess weight!
    Let's go kick some fat booty!
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old. 4'10" tall and now weigh 147 pounds! My journey began at 187 pounds! On Jan 31st 2011, I had Lap-Band Surgery at the urging of my Cardiologist. He felt I needed the assistance in my weight loss endeavor! You see I played the yo-yo game for 27 years! Before I became pregnant I weighed 98 pounds, but I continued to gain more and more weight with each of my two children and it just never stopped :( I am sooooo THANKFUL for the results of my surgery, (though it is not for everyone) it has allowed me to be satisfied with small meals! I have LEARNED finally, to choose only healthy groceries for my household as well! I have LEARNED to LOVE exercising and am still LEARNING to drink lots of water! (I don't care for the taste :( ) I am on an exercise hiatus currently as April 1st I had a hysterectomy, but I can't wait to get back to it! We are all in this journey together though we may have different paths we take to get there! The key is simple; healthy portions of healthy foods, exercise, and lots of water! The support we give each other here makes a huge difference as well! I wish you all the best in your healthy weight endeavor!