I think I found my motivation again!

Options
So I started strong in Sept 2010, lost 21 lbs and stopped working out around the busy holidays and was struggling with motivation. I went here and there (I work a wacko schedule) but nothing consistent. I have gained back 5lbs within a few months but am holding steady. For the rest of the month I only work night shifts, so I am ready to start back strong tomorrow--Monday morning! My goal was 40lbs by my 30th birthday (which is on April 22nd) and I am only at 16. So, I think that was a wake up call that I not only want to do it but I have to do it! Also, I am going on a weekend trip to NYC in May and I want to be able to post my pics on Facebook, not hide them because I hate the way I look! I am motivated and ready!

Replies

• Annik06
    Annik06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    that's awesome.. you are able to do if you believe in it..!!!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but you can't lose 24 pounds in the next 12 days unless you get liposuction. It is not physically possible. And if it were, it would be the most unhealthy weight loss ever.
  • mzayed
    mzayed Posts: 27
    Options
    Good luck to you! You can do it with motivation and perseverance!
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but you can't lose 24 pounds in the next 12 days unless you get liposuction. It is not physically possible. And if it were, it would be the most unhealthy weight loss ever.

I didnt mean I was going to loose that weight by that date, I stated it "was" my goal. I just mean that I have to continue on this journey! Thanks for the encouragement...
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! =)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Reset your goals, and have fun in New York!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was not trying to be unkind. There are those who make goals like that and I just hate to think what it does to their poor bodies. Glad you're not one of them and much luck on your continued journey :)
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have reset my goals multiple times before - It helps to know I am not putting too much pressure on myself! Good luck!
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was not trying to be unkind. There are those who make goals like that and I just hate to think what it does to their poor bodies. Glad you're not one of them and much luck on your continued journey :)

no problem :) I understand how you could have read it that way.