Hello

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
Hi everyone! Just joined and wanted to say hello. I've been overweight my whole life. About 3 years ago I lost 40 lbs in about 5 - 6 months and I felt great! I started nursing school and didn't have the time to dedicate to working out, and eating healthy became a challange as well. I did manage to keep the weight off and am proud of myeslf for that. I started working out again in October of last year and suffered a twisted patella - nursed that for 3 months and am finally getting back into it. I'm on a quest to eat as well as possible and am doing Turbo Fire at home as well as taking Turbo Kick and Zumba classes @ the gym with some friends. My goal is to start running again and train for a 5K to start, then a marathon! I'm looking forward to using the great tools here, meeting great new people, and achieving my goal. I know I can do anything I set my mind to - I did, afterall, finish nursing school! ;-)

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome to MFP. It's a great place for motivation, support, advice and community. I'm sure you'll reach your goal.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You'll find a great deal of motivation here and fantastic people. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish :)
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    welcome!! pretty new to this site also...lots of support on here.. I also lost about 40 pounds about 2-3 years ago and then had an ACL tear that needed reconstructed (amoung some other health issues), so I started gaining the weight back...but time to get it off for good!!! .feel free to add me as a friend if you want...good luck!!!
  • sd101483
    Options
    Isn't that the worst? You're doing so well and then BAM! an injury takes you out! For good is my motto as well! Best of luck to you, and everyone else - the support here seems great - that is what makes a HUGE difference!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Hey there, welcome-although I'm quite new myself. Like you I lost a lot of weight in the past...but unlike you I put most of it back on :( oh well it happens. Anyway, your goals are really great and I can't wait to read about your accomplishments.
  • sd101483
    Options
    Thank you! I forgot to mention that my current goal is to lose 55 to be at the "high" end of my goal weight, but a very healthy weight. Anything after that would just be a bonus! I hope to accomplish this by the end of the year - not putting too much pressure on myself, and losing at a good pace!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome!

We have a great community here! If you need any advice or motivation, don't be afraid to add myself or anybody else. We are here for you!
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old. 4'10" tall and now weigh 147 pounds! My journey began at 187 pounds! On Jan 31st 2011, I had Lap-Band Surgery at the urging of my Cardiologist. He felt I needed the assistance in my weight loss endeavor! You see I played the yo-yo game for 27 years! Before I became pregnant I weighed 98 pounds, but I continued to gain more and more weight with each of my two children and it just never stopped :( I am sooooo THANKFUL for the results of my surgery, (though it is not for everyone) it has allowed me to be satisfied with small meals! I have LEARNED finally, to choose only healthy groceries for my household as well! I have LEARNED to LOVE exercising and am still LEARNING to drink lots of water! (I don't care for the taste :( ) I am on an exercise hiatus currently as April 1st I had a hysterectomy, but I can't wait to get back to it! We are all in this journey together though we may have different paths we take to get there! The key is simple; healthy portions of healthy foods, exercise, and lots of water! The support we give each other here makes a huge difference as well! I wish you all the best in your healthy weight endeavor!