TTC with PCOS

Options
Hello everyone, Im new here to this website. I have tried others but never seemed to stick with it. Me and my husband have been married for almost a year now, and we are very ready to start a family. Its been tough to say the least, but I am hoping changing our diet and excersing is going to give me the extra push I need. I am looking for friends of all kinds to keep me motivated, and encourage me and that i can do the same for them.

Replies

• mccarthyk83
    Options
    Hi J!, welcome to mfp! I am in the same boat. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago and now that starting a family has become a hope for my husband and I, I am determined to get into a healthy lifestyle. So far I have been able to lose 11 lbs (yay!) and mfp has really helped make me a more mindful eater. I still let myself have the food I enjoy, but I have been more successful with the portions. Good luck and dont give up!
  • maz2007
    maz2007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,

I have just come back to MFP after a few weeks off so looking to meet some new people that'll keep me motivated. I also have PCOS, I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. We concieved my daughter naturally, thanks to me losing a good chunk of weight which got me ovulating again. They say that losing 10% of your body weight will really help PCOS and its associated symptoms.

I am now back on the weight loss trail as we have been TTC baby no 2 for over a year now. We start Clomid in a months time so I am hoping to be tip top shape for then.

Good luck to you both, are you doing anything particular to lose weight at all? I am just trying to get my head down, avoid the junk and basically get my last bit of weight off as quickly as possible!

xxxx
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'm in the same boat too! I have been married for 5 years and was diagnosed around that time. We have been together for 13 and time is running out for us. I will be 37 in July and my goal is to get my act together and lose 100 pounds by Jan 2012 and god willing in the process have a baby. I am doing okay in the motivation department but I do enjoy the sisterhood and talking with people who have similar struggles and goals. I am interested in the ways everyone is going about their weight loss, what seems to work and what isn't. We can all help each other.
  • jmoots
    jmoots Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been on metformin since the middle of Jan, so far I have had no luck ovulating. So im hoping the healthier lifestyle will stimulate ovulation. Sometimes I have to remind myself that women deal with this and are successful at getting pregnant all the time with PCOS.
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old. 4'10" tall and now weigh 147 pounds! My journey began at 187 pounds! On Jan 31st 2011, I had Lap-Band Surgery at the urging of my Cardiologist. He felt I needed the assistance in my weight loss endeavor! You see I played the yo-yo game for 27 years! Before I became pregnant I weighed 98 pounds, but I continued to gain more and more weight with each of my two children and it just never stopped :( I am sooooo THANKFUL for the results of my surgery, (though it is not for everyone) it has allowed me to be satisfied with small meals! I have LEARNED finally, to choose only healthy groceries for my household as well! I have LEARNED to LOVE exercising and am still LEARNING to drink lots of water! (I don't care for the taste :( ) I am on an exercise hiatus currently as April 1st I had a hysterectomy, but I can't wait to get back to it! We are all in this journey together though we may have different paths we take to get there! The key is simple; healthy portions of healthy foods, exercise, and lots of water! The support we give each other here makes a huge difference as well! I wish you all the best in your healthy weight endeavor! Saying a prayer for you to conceive!