Kinect Help (Fitness Games!)

Options
Hi Guys/Gals

Wondering if i could get some help, recently picked up a Kinect for the xbox 360 as it is much cheaper than the gym membership i hardly use! I was wondering what fitness games people use and if they are any good? Have thought about getting either EA sports active 2 or Your Shape Fitness Evolved. Any one played these? and if so are they any good?

Replies

• daydreamer_28
    daydreamer_28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We have the Biggest Loser Ultimate workout for the Kinect and we love it.
  • dublvision2
    Options
    I second the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I LOVE it and use it 2-3 times a week.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba for Kinect. It's fantastic!
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have biggest losers its wonderful. The kinect sports is really good to if you do track or volleybal I always sweat when I play those. I also have dance central you can put that on workout mode and it will tell you how many calories you are burning and its fun. Fighters uncaged is good to its like kickboxing that usually gets my heart rate going. I love these games just cause you can burn calories and not really pay attention to it cause you are having fun.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    We have EA Sports Active 2 for the Kinect. Love it!! Great workout! I want to get the Biggest Loser one too.
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout and Your Shape. I love the Biggest Loser! I got it because I didn't like Your Shape. I play The Biggest Loser 6 days week. It gives good positive and corrective feedback during the workout. It includes a stretch cool down after every workout, that's something Your Shape doesn't offer. Also with the Biggest Loser you can in corporate resistance bands and a stability ball (not included with the game, but you can use any kind). I really enjoy working out every morning with the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I haveYour Shape Fitness and it defitnitely gives a great work out!
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ha i tried the track games on kinect sports and am now sore in muscles i never knew existed!!! I'm looking for something that gets me moving again but doesn't make me sore like kinect sports did!!
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like YourShape fitness a lot! One of my complaints is that you have to unlock the workouts...but at the same time if is a good thing because you learn the workout easier that way so by the time you are doing the entire class you have learned all the steps. When I do the cardio boxing I start with the first 12min class for a warmup, and go through all three levels. By the third 12 minute class, you are really working out. Done back to back you will be definitely feeling it! I have not yet purchased the add ons that you can but I plan to soon.
    The Zen yoga classes are okay...I like them but don't love them. They are a nice stretch though.
    I also like the games that you can play on it. I think once I get the add ons I will like it more, but it is definitely a good start to workout games. I am planning on getting the Biggest Loser one soon as I have heard awesome things about it.
    Oh and if you like dance workouts I absolutely love Zumba for Kinect and Dance Central. Dance Central has a workout mode that will add up calories burned...and it is fun!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you should get dance central, I log it under General Dance on here...it's actually quite fun. I have Your Shape, and it's great, but the personal trainer kind of sucks. I like the cardio boxing for sure. I haven't tried Fitness Evolved though. Also you can get the Adventure games that make you work up a sweat, and there's a sports one too that's pretty good. I like it better than Wii for sure