depressed

Options
I very down. my weight has stalled. i'm tired of counting and weighing. just all around frustrated with everything.. for a while at least i had my weight dropping to keep me going.. but now that it has stalled for MONTHS... im just frustrated. I haven't been able to work on anything i enjoy. and just want to give up...

could use a hug..:(

Replies

• shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    Absolutely NO giving up! You've worked hard to get to this point, so don't do it! It takes a lot of dedication to count calories, log them in, and weight yourself on a consistent basis. Just think of the results you've seen this far. Don't get discouraged by a plateau in weight loss. A while ago, I didn't lose ANYTHING for about 5 weeks. I was so utterly frustrated, but I just kept on going and I eventually met my final goal! Know that everything you're doing is for YOU and YOUR body, so don't give up!!!!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    *HUG!*
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Look what you have accomplished!! You are not even a full 7 months in yet (according to your signature anyway) and you have already lost 36lbs!! That is awesome!! That is a tad more than one pound a week which is what everyone recommends!

I know where you are coming from, TRUST me. I want this weight GONE! However, I did not pack it on overnight, so I need to keep reminding myself I won't lose it that way either!

Hang in there...you are doing a great job. Feel free to add me if you would like!! :bigsmile:
  • mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. :( I know how you feel -- same thing happened to me last year. I was doing great and losing incredibly fast but then all of a sudden, my progress plateaued and I couldn't seem to lose another pound.

Try mixing up your work out routine a bit. If you usually walk, try running or the elliptical. Your body gets used to what you're doing and builds up a resistance to it. Mixing it up helped me get back to losing again. :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hugs and dont give up, u've worked 2 hard just keep trying:smile:
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We can have a pity party together! I have still been logging, but have given up on dieting b/c I was not getting any results. I am starting back tomorrow with a vengance for 2 weeks and hoping to see results by Easter.

HUGS
  • Kathy11174
    Options
    Sending you a cyber HUG!!!! If you would like to add me to your friends I could help encourage you! I have a long way to go and just came out of a plateau. I did it by increasing my food intake with a protein bar just before bed instead of the usual popcorn!

Have faith, it will all work out for the best!!!
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    HUGS!!!! I have only lost four pounds in six months - but I venture back every day - you are so far ahead of that - take a day off, but come back renewed - it's a marathon not a sprint. HUGS!!!!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    awe big HUGGGGGGGGZZZZZSSSS for you :flowerforyou: dont give up you have come so far and you look great !!! just a suggestion you might want to make your food diary public so we can try and help you more.... you might need more calories.... you have mad a healthier you hang in there doll.... XOXOX

lori
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh how the scale can make us so very happy or ruin everything-remember even if you are not showing a change in the number on the scale, if you are exercising you are most likely losing inches and building muscle which is a very good thing. Don't give up you will get your just reward on the scale for sticking with it--maybe add a few calories to you daily intake and see if that gets things moving again--I know i have stalled before and ate more and lost weight. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you with a brighter outlook--You can do this remember the things that got you started! Good luck and feel better.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    just made my food diary public... so if anyone sees what i am doing wrong.. let me know... week days are more typical, as i am in work and have limited access to food.. I go to zumba 3 times a week and depending on my assignment (i'm a substitute teacher) i sometimes tag along at fitness.

Im a bit depressed about life in general and that is most likely not helping me either.

i have lost inches, nearly 7 on my waist alone... gone from a size 16 to a 8.

but i have 25 more pounds to go and want to get down to a size 6.

i wake up every morning afraid that i will wake up fat.

im almost afraid to eat....
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Aww.. I'm sorry you're feeling bad. You know, I have lost 29 lbs, and it was fun in the beginning, but I'm starting to feel burned out. And, when I look in the mirror, I am starting to see a fat girl again. Its wierd - even though mathematically, I MUST be smaller, I am starting to look bigger every day to my own eyes. So, from another person who has more to go, I feel for you.
  • Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    Please don't quit. Losing 36 pounds is a major achievement. If you're having issues with depression, might be worth looking at getting some support for that, your family doctor is a good place to start. The following link is also a good starting point.

http://www.depressionhurts.ca/
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    You're more than half way there. Think about how you felt when you were heavier, do you want to undo all the hard work you've put in? I've gained back all my weight before (20 lbs), it's terrible. Maintaining your weight is better than gaining so don't get discouraged if the scale stays the same.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    just made my food diary public... so if anyone sees what i am doing wrong.. let me know... week days are more typical, as i am in work and have limited access to food.. I go to zumba 3 times a week and depending on my assignment (i'm a substitute teacher) i sometimes tag along at fitness.

im almost afraid to eat....

First of all, Big HUGS! I had a major meltdown last week because the scale wasn't budging. I started upping my water to at least 100 ounces a day. Then I started 30ds and am trying not to let my calories fall below 1230 a day. I've been reading Jillian Michael's book. Mastering your Metabolism. She points out that if you keep your calorie intake too low for too long, your body will try to hold on too the fat. Just a few thoughts. I always try to remember no loss is better than a gain!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    ~*~HUGS~*~

We all have times that we feel "down" which is normal and OK... and sometimes just realizing that it's OK to get frustrated and mad helps me. There are a lot of things that you are doing really well -- like continuing to put foods into your diary and exercising! I didn't even do all of that the last 2 weeks when I had my mental block.

I'm definately NOT an expert... but what I can tell you is that I was a big Diet Pepsi drinker and I find that when I drink pop that I don't really lose like when I cut the pop and drink water. There have been some studies that show ingredients in "diet pop" can actually trick your body into holding onto weight. I didn't really want to believe it, because I don't drink coffee or tea. I wanted to have pop (mostly for the "bubbles") because it was the only thing I felt like was a "treat" and it's zero calories! But, I did and do lose more when I keep the pop to a minimum.

Also - I have had a bit of a stall the last 2 weeks. While much of what I blame it on is a mental block - the person that I visit with told me to add on some more calories, thinking that my body needed some more. I see that you are sticking to a pretty consistent amount. With the exercise and everything - maybe your body needs a little more calories?!? I don't know... it made sense when my diet person said it and I feel liek I've heard that on "Biggest Loser" etc.

In the end though... cut yourself some slack. Tell yourself it was OK to have some "down" feelings and time and then decide you are moving forward. Our bodies are amazingly connected to our minds. Sometimes we have to fake it until we make it! You are doing great and haven't given up and that in and of itself is a HUGE accomplishment. :happy:
  • bethanna91
    Options
    Lots of hugs sent your way!!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling really down for more than a few weeks, you need to see your doctor. Apart from that, you could be experiencing burn-out from obsessing about calories and exercise etc.

Maybe you can give yourself a break and you will come back refreshed. Some people just give themselves a break from weighing in each day. You can change what you are doing without giving up or going back to old habits. You will not 'wake up fat', if you have made habits to get yourself this far.

Congratulations on a massive achievement!

*hugs*

GG
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS))...Take at look at your weight loss number....36 POUNDS! A quitter would never have gotten this far! Start switching up some stuff. Now is the time to monitor your intake more closely than ever before. The weight will come off when you figure out the piece of the puzzle that's not fitting.

But quitting is not an option for you! Good luck to you and ((HUGS)) again!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up - change it up! You've done pretty well so far, so you can do this. I would recommend you change some things in your diet. First, I think you should eat more, but make it good food. Get rid of the white carbs (bagels, cereal) and eat brown rice, whole wheat, etc. I would add a LOT more veggies - you need those, plus fresh fruit twice a day. Your sodium is good, so keep it up! I think if you just eat a little more and better food, the weight will start coming off again. And keep up with the exercise! Good luck!