Kettlebell Class

Options
Hello, Good evening, have any of you ever attended a Kettle bell class?

If so would you recommend it? Is it really hard? My gym are starting classes on Saturday I am not sure if I should try it.

I have never heard of it before?

Thank you C ;-)

Replies

• doitday
    doitday Posts: 59
    Options
    sounds interesting...i've never heard of it either...courious to what it is myself!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i've never taken a kettlebell-specific class but i've done kettlebell workouts before. i would definitely recommend it. they really get your heart rate up while strength training, which burns a lot of fat. kettlebell exercises engage the entire body, they really work your core and you'll hit far more muscles than you would simply using dumbbells. i was using dumbbells for months and then did a kettlebell workout and holllllly crap i was sore in places i've never even felt before! they can be a little tricky to use sometimes but you should definitely give the class a try.
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    Kettlebell is great, came from Russia and that is how they trained their athletes (one method at least). It's cardio, core, strength training and squats. You will love it! Be prepared to be quite sore the next couple of days but it's a good pain. I wear gloves when handling the kettlebell, you get quite sweaty and helps with grip. If you go, post and let me know what you thought!
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells, you should totally try it. You'll probably be sore because it'll be a lot different than other workouts you've done. Also, I believe all those super beef'd up actors in 300 did kettlebell workouts....so...yeah. it works :)