How serious am I

bmet24
bmet24 Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
How serious am I to lose weight. For lunch i went to McDonalds and got a double quarter pounder meal (large), 10 pc chicken nuggets, a McChicken, a filet-o-fish sandwich and an extra large fries. i feel disgusting. there is no hope for me. i dont think im ready to loss weight.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    That's almost exactly what I used to order...throw in an Oreo McFlurry and call it a day. Just because you ordered it doesn't mean you're not seriously looking to lose weight. Though, only you would know for yourself. If you're not ready, then you're not ready. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    HOLY CRAP! first of all. that stuff is poison! you NEED to change your way of THINKING before anything else can follow.. when you realize that everythign you PUT into your body affects it.. and not in just fat gain/loss.. how it effects the insides.. your organs. the things that make your body work.. you will begin to want to lose weight.. so.. dotn look at it as losing weight.. look at it as being healthy!

ALL fast food is soo bad for you but Mc.Donalds is the WORST.. omg if you really at all that in one day. goodness. your body is screaming inside!

start thinking as food as fuel.. what good do you get out of the food you put into it other than a quick satisfaction in flavor.. even then you can choose BETTER TASTING foods that are better for your body! stay away from taht crap.. ITS ALL POIIISON!
  • Jillian751
    Jillian751 Posts: 1 Member
    It's okay. From the looks of it you are planning on starting tomorrow so consider your McDonald's binge your last fat filled meal. On Monday, get serious. I think this tool is extremely helpful in making you realize what you are actually putting into your body every day. Good luck.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Just because you gave into a binge doesn't mean your not serious. Impulses to binge stem from emotions. Emotions that aren't being dealt with. I know this because I could eat 5000 calories a day for days on end and not think twice! And it was because I was trying to burry emotions and feelings I wasn't dealing with. You will have to address those before anything will change. My suggestion is for you to seek either an OA group or talk to your doctor about and antidpressent and a refferrel to a therapist. It helped me in ways you can never imagine!!! Good luck to you!
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Try what I did years ago to break the fast food habit. You can have fast food whenever you want - as long as you walk there and back. Unless its across the street you'll quickly decide you don't really want fast food that much!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Wow! I can't even remember a day when I ate that much, although I realise you're a growing lad!! :laugh:

Your call baby! Only you can make the decision to lose weight :huh:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.