Would this count as a workout?

Options
So since wednesday at work I've been doing some heavy lifting for extended peroids of time, how would I class it under exercise?

I work at a retail car parts store and for 2 days straight (16 hours total) I've been lifting brake rotors and moving them about a hundred feet to a new location. In this time I've lifted 2000+ rotors that weigh anywhere between 20-100 lbs each PLUS I built the shelving that holds all of the items.

Today I've had to lift and move hundreds of shocks and struts that weigh roughly 20-40 pounds each. Would that also count?

Replies

• litebeer1960
    Options
    absolutely!!! That's some serious strength training, WTG!!
  • JohnnyRidden
    Options
    Thanks how would I put that in? this is the first time ive tried to enter anything in this section other than walking.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Good question... calisthenics, maybe??
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There's also a 'moving' thingy under the cardio list, like moving furniture, boxes,etc. If all else fails you're doing some hella strength training which can also be logged under the cardio tab.:smile:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That would be under strength training for sure. I would maybe log it as a back workout and also arms. Use the average weight of all the time things you lifted also.
  • Bugg207
    Bugg207 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This would count as a Static workout. Im assuming these boxes are large and dont allow you to complete a full curl. I couldnt find it on this page, but you could create it. I could try to explain what it is, but I would just confuse us both, so here is a site that explains it pretty well. Lemme know if Im way off base here

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/isometric-exercises.html
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    I would definitely count it. Great workout!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd call that 5000 cals and be done with it! What a burn!
  • JohnnyRidden
    Options
    the boxes are mostly small with the big one every so often. A brake rotor(also called a disc) is the metal plate that your brake pads grind against to stop. Rotors are normally solid machined pieces of metal. here is a good sizing to hand ratio (http://www.2carpros.com/images/articles/brakes/front_rotor/vented/new_brake_rotor.jpg). most of them are about that size. I wouldnt count it as static because I was doing squat lifting all the way upto setting them on shelves barely in reach from standing position.

I hope I drop some good weight from this, I have 32 more hours of this if I get done quickly. Possibly more.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just change your activity level to very active for as long as you're going to be doing this at work.

My Home > Goals > Guided: Continue