Reaching out for some support...

Options
lombrica
lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
OK... so I am committing to this and going to reach out for some support. Honestly, I have been trying to do this on my own. I fear failure and didn't want to "let" anyone know for fear that it wouldn't work.

I started to get close to the losing 50 pounds mark, without much notice by anyone (including myself). Suddenly, everyone noticed and I think I internally freaked out! OH NO -- now what happens if I fail?!? I know, 50 pounds was already an accomplishment that I should celebrate but... what if nothing more happens. So, I struggled to get that last 2 pounds or so to "officially" make it to 50 pounds down.

Now, I have made it to officially 50.0 pounds. And, I know that I need support to keep me motivated and moving in the right direction. I find myself craving all the things that I "shouldn't" have and even if having one or two bites of it, well, it doesn't taste good anymore. So, it's a mental thing. The only thing that I can think will help -- is to be honest and reach out for support from others. Support that will be non-judgemental, accountable and yet motivating.

If that reaches anyone... touches your heart... or makes you think, "I get that, I've been there" then please let me know. I would love to become a part of a community of support. THANKS!!

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think everyone regardless of weight-loss goal and whether or not they've already achieved that can sympathize with hitting a plateau or mental block. The key for me at this point as far as with staying motivated is just knowing the long term benefits and how much self-respect I've already gained for myself not to mention the daily sense of accomplishment. I'm not sure if you're from the US or not, but I mean the way the economy is here right now it's often hard to feel successful in everyday life with a job or with whatever it is you're doing. So I think from that aspect alone it's so beneficial to have a daily goal to just workout for even 20 minutes because you are constantly feeling a small sense of accomplishment. Now, to add onto that with eating healthy I always know I'm making better decisions then I was a couple months ago.
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have had the same struggles. I have lost a little over 90 pounds and still have some to go. Stick to it and hold your head up. You will feel better, I promise.

Feel free to add me if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! 50 pounds lost is a HUGE deal and I'm really proud of you.....also jealous, but I'll get there someday. This site is great. Everyone on here is very supportive.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I SO GET this! Last summer I started counseling and food planning with LA weightloss. I was doing great..... lost 25 pounds, got soooo close to getting under 200 pounds....(was at 204) when I totally freaked out! Internally for whatever reason....... I just froze.... In a way I ddin't like being noticed for weightloss.... (maybe If people noticed I had to admit how big I really was....IDK)
    I can't explain it, but I totally GET it.

Hang in there... We ARE worth living healthy. I am almost back where I was before I gave up last year.

Please add me and we can support each other to not FREAK OUT again :)
  • whoaitsgabo
    Options
    OMG!! 50 pounds - that's so exciting! I know exactly what you mean, it's hard to explain but I get it. But don't get discouraged! In my experience, the thing that helps me not freak out is to try to just not think about it. Busy yourself with thinking about other things and don't worry about your weight, until it comes time to eat or exercise and then think "hmm what will I be most proud of in an hour?" And then do whatever will make future you more proud :]

Keep up the good work - we're all rooting for you!! :]
  • lombrica
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I "know" that I am not alone... but it's so nice to really "feel" that I'm not alone -- you know?

I like that -- the "what will I be most proud of in an hour." That's a great way to re-phrase the decisions! Thanks!
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    I understand. I felt like I needed support too. I think you need to take people's compliments with pride. You won't fail, in fact
    you aren't failing... You've lost 50lbs, that is amazing and there's so much work you put into it. Maybe part of your process is
    learning to take compliments. You deserve it!!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I just want to commend you on your 50lb loss that is great! The same drive that it took you to get there you will need to continue it as you continue this journey I am more than happy to be part of your support system and to have you as part of mine. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I get where you are at. It is a tough spot to be in. It will pass.

The thing that comes to mind is: Remember who you are doing this for - you. The why's you have for doing this. If you have to, look at your "why's or motivations" everyday. Set mini-goals for each day that are in line with your long-term goals. Also, remember the most important person is you. It matters most if you let yourself down in this apsect of your life.

I think another important thing is to honor your accomplishments. The changes you made to your lifestyle that have been a catalyst for the weight to come off. 50lbs is an awesome accomplishment. Be proud. Reward yourself with something that will make you feel special - not sure if your into shoes, massage, an evening in a bubble bath with a good book... Honor yourself - you deserve it no matter what!

Another thing, you only fail when you quit...

We are here to listen, encourage and lean on.
  • Rosemarie7567
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am 9 workouts in with TurboFire and truly love it. I workout every morning because honestly I could not imagine doing TF after a full day's work. I am committed to do this and I am watching what I eat, however without knowing how many calories I am burning each morning I am may be under eating which is halting my progress.

I am excited to see the results after 3 months...I already see some slight changes after 9 workouts...

Can't wait!! Look forward to your comments and suggestions and tips....

Good Luck to all with your weightloss/health goals...

Rosiejoe
  • lombrica
    Options
    Amazing how quickly you can feel "exposed"... but I smile as I say/type that. I just got friendly lectures from the few people in my public life that know!

The lectures were:
    1) Take and accept a compliment, really take and accept the compliment!
    2) Celebrate and have mini-goals, treat yourself for what you've done so far.

Now, only hours into reaching out, I've heard the same things. It just makes me smile! I'm gonna have to internalize these... and come up with some of those mini-goals and celebrations!