eating late night

Options
My boyfriend and I always eat late @ night b/c we're always busy throughout the day. I get sick of salads and grilled chicken, as well as fish. Does anyone know what else I can eat late @ night and buy at the store? I mainly eat fast food stuff or eat out b/c again we barelyy have time to cook or do anything..so please understand and give some tips..like lean cusine meals, any healthy perogies? LOL thanks

Replies

• rolanda
    Options
    My boyfriend and I always eat late @ night b/c we're always busy throughout the day. I get sick of salads and grilled chicken, as well as fish. Does anyone know what else I can eat late @ night and buy at the store? I mainly eat fast food stuff or eat out b/c again we barelyy have time to cook or do anything..so please understand and give some tips..like lean cusine meals, any healthy perogies? LOL thanks
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LOL :laugh: :bigsmile:

What are your days off?
  • rolanda
    Options
    Uhm, idk barelyy haha.. I'm always busy with school work, getting my committee, holding fundraisers, driving my family around, etc. I barely have time to myself. Soo..ya haha i know u think its funny but w/e its the truth lol.
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    No, I uderstand the busy life style. I had that lifestyle for some time but as my kids have gotten older my days have freed up somewhat. I taught them how to cook for each other and themselves. HE HE HE. :love:

What I was going to recommed is to try to take one day to plan your meals for the week. Get the family involved. If you have kids they usually enjoy being part of the decision making when it comes to food. Try to prepare your meals in advance and store them in the fridge.

When I was active duty I used to set aside Sunday to do that didn't always worked but I tried. I would ask the kids what they would like to have for dinner during the week. I would season all the necessary meats and then vaccum seal them (awesome invention). Then I would take care of side dishes if I could. It did make my life easier because when I got home I grab a bag of meat throw it in the oven heat up a side and I was done. It saved me a ton of money and since I utilized the Wholesale clubs I would get meat a decent price. As for side dishes that can get tricky sometimes. I try to use the frozen veggie dishes no muss, no fuss.

Don't forget the all time favorite piece of kitchen equipment, THE CROCK POT. Life saver with the one pot meal.

Hope this helps or at least gets you thinking :laugh: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • rolanda
    Options
    Thanks, I'll take that as advice and I'm going to try self.com for shaping myself too and shape.com, check those sites out too! :]
  • EvilPIB
    Options
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you don't have to worry about high blood sugar, you could definitely pick up some Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, or Smart Ones meals (very high in sodium) but you could also try soup...soup with some bread is a very filling and low calorie meal...Plus it's not so heavy that you won't be able to sleep...One of my favorite meals is a "snack meal"...I have an apple with some peanut butter, some cheese and crackers, maybe a hard boiled egg, and some carrot sticks and ranch dressing...super easy to put together, protein filled...and because there are so many flavors and textures and different things to eat, it feels like I am having a huge dinner.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lean pockets are pretty high in sodium, but I like the spinach artichoke chicken ones and the mexican cheese and chicken ones. I have them when I'm in a hurry for lunch and starving. I like to have a low cal whole wheat bread around, lite mayo, and fresh turkey and lettuce and throw together a sandwich with carrots and hummus, also. There are a lot of options out there for us busy moms always on the go, it just depends on what your mood is, and how far in advance you do your grocery shopping. It helps to already have things in your fridge and freezer that are easy to put together when you're hungry.
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    I posted a thread early and forgot to give food choices: :laugh:

Organic Peanut butter, Whole Wheat Bread
    One serving of Turkey/Chicken Deli Meat and a piece of fruit
    Tuna Salad, Whole Wheat Bread (can be made in bulk)
    Chicken Salad, Whole Whet Bread (can be made in bulk)
    Bowl of Cereal
    Egg White Omelete with peppers, onions, low fat cheese