Help me with toning, and working out?

Options
I lost alot of weight in the past year about 40 and was wondering what workouts should I do to tone my stomach, thighs, and arms? I'm not sure what workouts, like on DVD I can't afford a gym..I do the wii fit for 20 mins running..and jumping jacks, with 50 crunches/sit-ups..what else can I do for toning and flattening my body? thanks :]

Replies

• rolanda
    Options
    I lost alot of weight in the past year about 40 and was wondering what workouts should I do to tone my stomach, thighs, and arms? I'm not sure what workouts, like on DVD I can't afford a gym..I do the wii fit for 20 mins running..and jumping jacks, with 50 crunches/sit-ups..what else can I do for toning and flattening my body? thanks :]
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    get a workout ball and maybe some 5lb dumb bells and you can do tons of things. Most balls come with a dvd and you can look on shape.com and look up workouts too
  • kerribilliot7
    Options
    I love all of the Cathe Friedrich dvds. I started out using 3 and 5lb dumbells and I am up to 8 and 10lbs, plus for many things I use a 25-35lb barbell. She has motivated me like no other instructor. I can tell you that it takes so much time. I have been consistently working out with weights for 7 months and still have a long way to go. I am 5'4", 145lbs, with about 35% body fat. I am also working on eliminating body fat so you can see the muscles I am working so hard to build! The stability ball is a must have, especially for abs. You can go to Cathe.com and preview all of her dvds.