Has anyone experienced these changes in their body?

Options
Hello friends!
My body has been changing a lot since starting MFP in November. I have lost 33 pounds so far. Have any of you had these problems?

*No menstrual cycle
*Small rash on arm that goes away and comes back
*I am having a lot of problems wearing contacts; I have been wearing them without problems for years.

I have an appointment for my physical at the end of May, but I figured I would see if anyone had these problems first.

Thanx for all the help!

Replies

• littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, I have not, I have lost 18 lbs. I would go see a doctor as soon as possible.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    time for a doctor's check up.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have not had any of those problems but if you don't have a menstrual cycle that could be a warning sign that you are not eating enough calories and are exercising too vigorously. I would go in and talk to your doctor just to make sure everything is ok.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ummm no :P my arms seem longer and shoulders are lower :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I would definiitely go and see a Dr. No menstrual cycle can be a signal that you are not eating enough. How long did it take you to lose the 33 pounds? I have also lost 33 pounds, since Oct 31st and the only thing I experienced was the first two months when my cycle was, first late, and then early. Now I'm back to my normal 28 day cycle.
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

My problem is menopause. As soon as I turned 52 I stopped having a cycle and then my eyes and every other part dried up including eyes. I began having trouble wearing contact lenses after 13 years of problem=free use. I figured out that I needed GOOD eye drops, more than visine. I use the prescribed eye drops and my contact doesnt feel dry anymore.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    No I havent experienced those problems but I would diffinately talk to the dr about it. Maybe see if you can get in sooner if there is a cancellation. I hope everything is ok
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My contacts have been harder to wear too! I didn't even think about it being due to weight loss, I think I might look that one up :P
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    First question - is there ANY chance that you're pregnant, because those are all things I experienced during pregnancy (esp. the contact thing). If not, I'd go see your daughter. Amenorrhea - loss of period - is a serious thing, and should not be taken lightly. The rash could be an allergy..... It could be one or two things, or a combination of a lot. Please see someone soon. :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!
    My body has been changing a lot since starting MFP in November. I have lost 33 pounds so far. Have any of you had these problems?

*No menstrual cycle
    *Small rash on arm that goes away and comes back
    *I am having a lot of problems wearing contacts; I have been wearing them without problems for years.

I have an appointment for my physical at the end of May, but I figured I would see if anyone had these problems first.

Thanx for all the help!

When I first started working out I over did it and thats when my menstrual cycle was irregular.. it was VERY LIGHT or almost never there and I didnt get rash on my arms but I got like red needle point dots (looked like blood spots)and they would fade when you press them and then reappear. I was told they were broken capillaries. I got them from strength training. I never noticed a difference in contacts since I've always got irritated to begin with. I would say you are probably working yourself a little too hard or too much... ?
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I read that too much flax seed can mess with your estrogen. Probably isn't your problem, but thought I'd mention it - just in case.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have suffered with Eczema for a while, but since I have been losing weight I have noticed breakouts more often. .. if that helps LOL
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    rashes on the arm or any other part of the body that come and go are usually stress related. what many people fail to recognize is just how stressful exercise is on the body especially if it is not properly RE-fueled and rested. A lack of menstrual cycle could also be stress related, or iron-deficiency related, or lack of significant calories, or a number of other things. dry eyes could simply mean you are not properly hydrated. Either way, I'd speak to your doctor. Too, if perhaps you made your food diary public, many of us could offer possibilities and suggestions that may or may not help.
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    Possible thyroid problems. You may want your tsh levels checked to see if you are possible hypothyroid. Don't get worried if you are. Just a pill a day and your good to go. The test is just a blood test so it's easy.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've similarly experienced was the loss of my menstrual cycle. Once I started sticking to a diet and workout routine, I didn't have it for a few months.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'd agree that you should see the doctor. The missing menstrual cycle and the rash could both be, as others have said, stress related. If they are, your hair may start falling out too.

The only thing that I can think of with the contact lenses is that something is changing the shape of your eyes, and as your eyes are part of your brain, I'd get that checked out right away--like tomorrow.

I'm not trying to scare you, but you really need to see a doctor for your own safety and peace of mind.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my menstrual cycles haven't been as painful, but that's about it.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    I've been told by a few doctors that a sudden weight gain or loss of 10 or more pounds will likely interrupt your cycle. Is your rash painful? Itch? Could it be eczema or chaffing? The contact problem could be cause by dehydration. I would give it a couple of weeks (if this just started happening), and see a doctor. Don't worry too much. You are changing your body, and it's systemically going to be affected.