Getting discouraged

Options
I've been doing my all time best this time around of dieting. I've been eating correctly and exercising more than ever and yet, I'm still not losing anything. I got a new scale tonight and I weighed myself, granted I did so after dinner and out of the shower I gained 4 pounds from just that though?! I do plan on re-weighing myself early morning, buck naked to see if it's different, but this is crazy. I've been dieting for 2 1/2 weeks, I should have at least lost a 1/2 pound. I haven't had soda or anything!

._.

I hate this.

Replies

• b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The best time to weight yourself is in the morning after you go to the bathroom and you MUST weight your self at the same time everyday. Just try changing things up, do different workouts through the week. Try adding new foods to the menu, if you are constantly doing the same things every single day and every month your body is going to get used to it and that will make it harder to lose weight.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I always say to be patient with your body. Sometimes the weight is slow to come off, then all of a sudden it will be a couple of pounds at once. The key is to stay with it. Don't give up when there is no result, because it will come eventually.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    DON"T GIVE UP! Maybe your body is taking longer to adjust, just give it some time and really look at your diet and exercise to make sure you doing everything you can do.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping a food diary? No idea what you are eating and how much. I weigh myself once per week; I would drive myself crazy if I did it everyday. It's a lifestyle, don't worry -- you will get to where you want to go if you stick with it.
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    Don't give up. try to change up your routine a little. I am in my second week of working out at gym and changing my eating habits. I have not dropped a pound as of yet either. I am taking the advise of other my fitness pal members to incorporate into my new daily routine.

Stay focus..your can do this..1lb at a time :smile:
  • tkhan42
    tkhan42 Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, you are burning fat but your not loosing any weight yet as you are gaining muscle mass at same time. Keep in mind muscle weights more than fat so you might even see an increase in your weight at first. Keep it up and you'll see a quick drop in your weight as muscles use up allot of energy, making it easier to shed pounds.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    hang in there! You will see changes if not on the scale, in your body!
    Drink tons and tons of water.
    Rome wasnt built in a day... and you didnt gain your weight in 2-3 weeks!
    Think how slowly that weight crept on.. just a little tiny bit here, little tiny bit there until all of a sudden Its a lot!
    It will come off the same way... maybe even slower.
    You can do it!!
  • magichandsval
    magichandsval Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    dont give up i lose gain and lose just excersise and i find protien does better for me i do around 80 grams of protien daily and lots of water good luck
  • jeffwar
    jeffwar Posts: 7
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You have to make sure you are eating enough of the right foods, or your body will go into starvation mode. Eating enough and exercise is the key to weight loss.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Check your sugar, and sodium content in diet. You may be holding onto water weight.
  • youhousenanna
    Options
    :smile: keep up the good work you will get it done, if you need help the dr can give you a diet pill to help you,I am here with you.you can do it........................
  • zsmom1979
    zsmom1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! It is slow starting at first, but the food diary definitely helps. And keep in mind that us women (unfortunately) can hold on to a lot of water weight during, before, and after our 'cycles' so don't get discouraged. If you are doing what you are supposed to, it will happen. Good luck!
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    have you taken measurements to see if you are losing inches, are your clothes fitting a tiny bit looser. You are probably toning and gaining a little muscle. Keep it up and I think you will see results on the scale soon! Make sure you write EVERYTHING down. I try to plan my day of eating and then just stick to the plan...no snacking that hasnt been included. Good Luck!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    hang in there! You will see changes if not on the scale, in your body!
    Drink tons and tons of water.
    Rome wasnt built in a day... and you didnt gain your weight in 2-3 weeks!
    Think how slowly that weight crept on.. just a little tiny bit here, little tiny bit there until all of a sudden Its a lot!
    It will come off the same way... maybe even slower.
    You can do it!!

I feel like I gained it in 2-3 weeks! I weighed 140 before thanksgiving and by christmas I was 150! I drink inbetween 8-15 glasses of water a day.

I'm hypoglycemic I can tell when my sugar is too low/high just by the way I feel, I don't have to test it. And I don't know about sodium, I don't eat a lot of salt, or at least I don't add any to my food.
  • LacheleG
    LacheleG Posts: 37
    Options
    I have the same problem!!! but.......your body is going to resist change ...the scale will fight you so you have to fight back
    :D You can do it!