The Cabbage Soup Diet....HERE I GO!

Options
I used to work in a restaurant, and my friend went back home to Jersey, and Coney Island's fatty treats caused her to want to do a serious food 180 when she came home. She decided to do the TJ Soup diet (also known as the Cabbage Soup Diet), and shockingly enough, I really did notice a difference in her skin and appearance after a week! She was glowing, and she had much more energy than she did when she first came back.

I have a really important event coming up in two weeks, and I feel like giving my system a positive shock so I can get on the right track. I'm starting the diet tomorrow. I'm EXCITED! (And nervous...)

Replies

• jennj5
    jennj5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done that before, and once lost 11 lbs in 8 days! The problem is that it's very low-carb, so if you go back to eating carbs afterwards...you are likely to gain the weight back quickly!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Diets like the cabbage soup diet are good for really quick weight loss for an event, wedding or whatever...but don't think that the weight will stay off long term, because the minute you start eating normally again, it'll come back very quickly.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    It was started (and still used) for obese patients who need to shed quick/temporarily before surgery. Skip the soup.
  • lilbuddytatertot
    lilbuddytatertot Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    we tried that one time.. the soup was horrible,, if thats all you can eat then you will no doubt lose weight because no one could tolerate to eat that stuff.. just the smell of it made us sick... but good luck :)
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Eep! Good luck!! I could never do that! I had a girlfriend who tried the "detox diet" or whatever it is, the lemon and cayenne in water or something? Total eep, no way for me! Can't do it!! Good luck though!
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    No offence but I would never do that. For me it would be me just setting myself up to fail. I have a friend that does this all the time, will lose weight then go off ,gain it back and then start all over again.

Why don't you try drinking lots of water (that will make your skin glow) and fueling your body with organic fruit and veggies and fish and lean meats? Your body will thank you for it.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I was thinking about trying the cabbage soup diet a few times now to shed some fast lbs...but im scared if i gain it all back fast...r u talking about strictly soup or the 7 day cabbage soup diet plan ??
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I like the soup that wikipedia has when you google this, but i've never followed the diet itself
  • Big_Girls_Dream
    Big_Girls_Dream Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the cabbage soup diet or also known as the sacred heart diet is good for fast results and a really good esteem booster to kick off your weight loss journey i tried the seven day diet you can eat meat for two or three of the days soup all the time fruit and veg as much as you want on most days you even have a day of bananas for carbs and skim milk for calcium i lost 6kg in 7 days doing this and i even cheated on one day with a milkshake and a bag of chips lol just be prepared to keep it off!!!
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    the cabbage soup diet or also known as the sacred heart diet is good for fast results and a really good esteem booster to kick off your weight loss journey i tried the seven day diet you can eat meat for two or three of the days soup all the time fruit and veg as much as you want on most days you even have a day of bananas for carbs and skim milk for calcium i lost 6kg in 7 days doing this and i even cheated on one day with a milkshake and a bag of chips lol just be prepared to keep it off!!!
    Is it true how they say u gain it back right after? Just wondering :)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage soup, but would only worry about eating so much of it for the gas.....yikes!
  • Big_Girls_Dream
    Big_Girls_Dream Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes if you go back to eating heaps like normal thats why you have to be prepared to keep it off there is no cabbage in the sacred heart diet it is a tomato based veg soup with heaps of veg in it lol