Does anyone NOT count calories?!?!

Options
I was just wondering how many people dont really fouce on calorie intake and just worry about working out and changing the way you eat?!?!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    I was just wondering how many people dont really fouce on calorie intake and just worry about working out and changing the way you eat?!?!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Nope .. i've been counting calories daily for 13 months now and have lost 91 lbs.

I think it's all about what you're putting in and what you're working off. If you dont know what's going in how can you possibly work it off? LOL
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Nope .. i've been counting calories daily for 13 months now and have lost 91 lbs.

I think it's all about what you're putting in and what you're working off. If you dont know what's going in how can you possibly work it off? LOL

Oh, sooooooo true! I totally agree!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I know people who can just 'eat better' and exercise, but most of us didnt get to this point without making really bad choices along the way.

Logging your calories is a way to make your super aware of what you are putting into your body, then with much practice it may become habit.

:flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am still learning what everything is worth, so I need to count before I can change to just working off what I ate. I hope the day will come, where I know what has gone in without counting and it isn't too much.
  • kate25
    kate25 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm not really counting. I counted for a while and pretty much know now what I can and can't eat. But I'm not focused on losing anymore just toning.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    counting is the only way I can really know how much I'm eating. It works... and I feel like... why mess with a good thing? Of course I think concentrating on making healthy choices when it comes to diet and excercise is so important... but i like to count while making those healthy choices.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I count, but I have lost with out counting, but I was exercising a ton and eating a certain way. 6 meals a day with a healthy carb and protein food at each meal and what ever veggies I could get down. And 1 portion sides portions of food not big portions. Foods considered carbs were, whole grain cereals, whole grain breads, fruits, yogurts, starch veggies (corn/peas), brown rice.

I could see huge differences in my body in a very short amount of time with this.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways myself. And lost both ways. I love this site because it's easier to log, so I've started counting. The other site I used was easy too, 5 to 6 meals a day, 1/2 cup protein and 1 cup carb each meal. 3 of the meals were energy carbs, your grains and such, and two meals were color carbs, your veggies. I tweaked a bit, and used half cup of protein, half cup of energy carb, and half cup of color. No calorie counting, just measuring, and I got to the point where I was pretty good at eyeballing it, no need to measure. I lost a pound a week doing that. Well, that and exercising.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I lost the first 40 gradually without counting calories... but it took me 7 years!

Now I am counting calories almost daily. I am getting results by being sure about what I am putting in my mouth and working off. It isn't exact, but I try to get close.

I think it really is a necessity, especially in the beginning. It is really easy to not notice that the three cookies you ate were actually 1,000 calories! You can be off by a lot if you aren't paying attention. After a little more than a month of logging my food, I know what the calories are for my usuals, but there is always something I don't know.