Where does the weight come off first face

Options
For people who have lost weight where do you start noticing weight loss physically , and do the calf muscles slim down ?

Replies

• blaiseleone
    blaiseleone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my stomach first. But I know everyone is different. Calves are a little complicated, but they do shrink with the rest of you. You wont end up with huge calves and a tiny everything else, that's safe to say.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost enough yet to know :frown:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've always had big calves, I blame it on high school cheerleading!!! But my chins are very much smaller as well as my cheeks. My tummy is way down and I know I'll be wearing sleeveless tops this year to show off my guns!!!! My legs are shapely but look quite athletic (I'm running a lot) and will be very cute in shorts which I didn't wear much before. Overall... people say I'm shrinking!!!!! I love it!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    For me, belly fat is the last to go. Dammit. I lose in my face, legs and butt first. I suppose lots depends on your age, how much you have to lose and where you carry it.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I lost it in my face first, and my stomach has been the last place to go, but like the other poster said, it really does vary for everybody.

The one thing you can't do is choose where you want it to come off first. Your body makes that choice for you, and changing up exercises/workouts won't change that. However, if you lose enough weight, you will eventually lose it everywhere.
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    my legs and bottom have shrunk the most, i've lost a little off my chest and arms but my waist and stomach where i'd like to lose it from the most has remained pretty much the same, I now have ankles lol it all takes time and patience but we get there in the end.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think mine was the upper abdomen, waiting for the lower half to catch up.:smile:
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've managed to lose it all over but the 2lbs i've lost this week has really made a difference.
  • LovelyTasha
    Options
    I noticed weight loss in my thighs and arms first. Face second, and then stomach last. It's completely different for others though.
  • JaneP2011
    JaneP2011 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me, it's upper body first and hips and legs last :-(
    Fluctuations don't show in my face - it's not somewhere I show any weight ...
    I think there are lots of individual differences
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I lose top to bottom - face/neck first, then the girls, then downward from there. Then the cycle continues :) But everyone is different!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    For me it was face followed by hips and thighs.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    boobs for me,ive always had a pretty round face but i noticed some there to
  • beffy191
    beffy191 Posts: 71
    Options
    Whenever I lose even a lb or two... I notice it in my face first. My fave is sort of chubby so I can always notice it there.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Face and waist stomach is finally getting with the program
  • jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    For me it was face followed by hips and thighs.

Me too - now waiting for it to hit the thighs!!!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My waist was first as that's where I'm the smallest at. After about 7 weeks I'm just now losing at my hips (my largest part).

My friends and family are starting to notice smaller legs and arms, but I don't see it yet. :-/
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my face and neck first, but now I'm starting to notice it in my stomach just a LITTLE during weird things like sitting down. I still don't fit into my pants that great, but I think it's starting from the top down haha.
  • kpadilla411
    Options
    I think it depends on where you carry it. Most of my fat is on face and stomach so I lose it there first, then gradually my other body parts slim down as well.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine comes off my stomach 1st. Now my face is loosing and my stomach has stopped. Legs and arms just don't want to shift.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!