Someone HELP me!

Options
hi,

I am looking for some helpful advice.

I am 4'11" 24 years old and 98lbs, yes I know I am NOT overweight, but I do have a problem.
It seems all my fat is being stored in my belly and it sorta looks like a pot belly. I do not drink beer and have always had an active lifestyle until recently, I was a dancer & in the military.

Lately I have been running 30 mins on the treadmill & 30 mins of strength training. I do not think a diet is a good idea because everywhere but my belly is skinny.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Replies

• jakenjen
    jakenjen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Stomach crunches and leg raises are good, but most of all patience! good luck :smile:
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    hi,

my zumba instructor told me that running is the best way to lose weight...especially around your belly :P matter of fact it is true! Once I started to get on that treadmill, the first place it came off was my belly, even though you don't need to lose weight maybe that will help :P good luck!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Although I am not as small as you I have exactly the same problem - I carry all my weight in my belly.

Firstly let me say that you CAN get rid of it as I did last year (before gaining it all back due to a medical condition).

Before anyone attacks my post I am not saying that you can spot reduce, neither am I an expert, just someone sharing their experience.

I hired a personal trainer at that time to help me and the thing he told me and had we do was focus my exercise on upper body work and core work. So, instead of running, using the elliptical and cycling I had to incorporate rowing. I did HIIT (interal training) on the rower and I did LOADS of core work with weights, not just crunches but lots of exercises that strengthen the entire core. It took me about 4 months to lose 10lbs of belly fat so I'm sure that it will take you a lot less that that.

You're welcome to message me if you need any more info on what I've written
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    you cant choose where you remove fat from.

My thighs and bum were always too big, but i was slim everywhere else, but if i wanted to slim down my thighs, i just had to diet and cardio off the rest, and put up with the fact my upper body is a bit skinnier than id like
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't want to do a "diet" diet, it's always good to watch what you're eating so that your body doesn't try to store anything unnecessary. It's always great to do it right and get your metabolism running strong, so you can get ripped again!
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    is it weight or bloating, because upping your water intake and fibre will help with the bloating, also try and watch ur sodium intake and limit your simple carbs like white bread and rice as they can encourage bloating. I used to get really bad bloating and always made me look like i was pregnant!
    Xx
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Stomach crunches and leg raises are good, but most of all patience! good luck :smile:

You cannot spot train areas to lose weight, only work the muscle group in question. General cardio would be the best bet in conjunction with ab training.