Hello, I'm a newbie

Options
I have way too much time on my hands and I decided that it might be time to actually try to lose some weight. I've tried before and failed, miserably. I got to looking at some of my wedding pictures, and other pictures with me in them however and was kind of appalled at how big I look in them. A family member of mine has had some success with this site tho, and he's doing really well with his stuff, so I thought I might give this a try.

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)
    Mary
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP.

This is a great site to motivate you, good luck! x
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome :flowerforyou:

You are certainly in a great place to become a healthier you! :flowerforyou:

I had never lost weight successfully before but MFP really worked for me. Make sure you log everything and drink plenty of water. It may seem a little daunting logging everything, but before long it will become second nature to you.

Have a look around the forums...it's a great place to get advice and support!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I think you'll love it! Good luck!
  • Karma8683
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm used to going on forums like this and being totally ignored.
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hello newbie...you will love this...promise good luck in your journey!!
  • Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello, ive been doing this for 7 days now and im loving it so far. I tried the south beach diet before and felt so restricted - this is great though cause i can still eat all the things i like but now i know when i can or cant have that little extra. I am only on 1220 calories a day so i exercise to give myself more. Good luck.