I Need A Mean Friend

Options
I have been using MFP for a few months now and have lost almost 27 pounds. That's good and I'm very happy with that.

HOWEVER, I have been told (by my doctor) I have 13 pounds to take off as quickly as possible! (in a healthy way) I have some pretty awesome friends on here who I adore and are great supporters, but I'm looking for a couple people who might be good "pushers". That aren't afraid to tell me that I haven't worked out in 3 days and need to get my butt moving. Or that would be harsh enough to read my food journal and be like, "why the crap are you eating chocolate?" I need a mean friend. I'm pretty dedicated to my weight loss but I definitely benefit from critism! If you think you could be that person I'd love to be friends with you.

Thanx.

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    We can be pushers together! Hahaha. :)
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ooh! Can I call ya names and stuff too??
  • marceyabrons
    marceyabrons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    we can be each other pushers!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I need mean friends in real life. I'm sick of my friends telling me that I look great and don't need to lose weight. I'm in the obese range on the BMI, I have plenty of self confidence at this weight, but I need to be healthy. It's a weird thing to complain about, but it's difficult to restrain myself at a party when everyone is telling me I "deserve" a piece of cake. I'm not saying they need to shove celery sticks in my face, maybe just acknowledge that what I'm doing is difficult and not increase the temptation.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "yes" man by any means. I'm an advocate of self-motivation and independent thought, so if you need someone to give it to you straight, I can do that, but in the fact that I'm going to leave the choice up to you after presenting a multitude of options at your disposal. I may not be "mean" per se, but I do consider myself the best *kitten* I know. I don't sugarcoat jack. :happy: Feel free to add if you want.

*It should also be noted that I don't actively look into other peoples' diaries because it doesn't benefit me to do so, but if ever you need me to, I will upon request.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I need mean friends in real life. I'm sick of my friends telling me that I look great and don't need to lose weight. I'm in the obese range on the BMI, I have plenty of self confidence at this weight, but I need to be healthy. It's a weird thing to complain about, but it's difficult to restrain myself at a party when everyone is telling me I "deserve" a piece of cake. I'm not saying they need to shove celery sticks in my face, maybe just acknowledge that what I'm doing is difficult and not increase the temptation.

I'm 40lbs down and it doesn't get any easier with the friends. I feel like I could say everything you just said. We don't "deserve" to have food that's bad for us! When did that ever become a treat, that's how we got fat to begin with. I'm just now about 5 lbs away from the healthy BMI range and I've got people telling me I look too thin. It's just because they are used to seeing me heavy and round for the last 15 years. I'd love to be a motivator for you, and anyone else on this thread. I love being motivated by others as well. Good luck with your goals! Feel free to send a request.

Funny Walt!
  • mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll be your mean friend only if you promise to be one back!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Get off your butt and go to the gym you sloth!!!! m_objection.gif

Seriously, you look to sweet to yell at. I can't do it.

But: I do read most of my friends' journals, so feel free to add me. I've been known to speak up when I know the door is open for constructive criticism. I'm always open, and my journal is public. There are a few who have criticized my journal and I respect them enough to listen.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i will be up with you. :mad:
    if you need something to be done.
    i will tell you. that you need to :devil:

friend request on the way
  • sjmartinez
    Options
    I need mean friends too!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm always telling my niece, "that's not Beachbody. Put it down!" lol. But in the most loving way possible!
    You can do it!!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm not mean, but i'm honest and i pay attention, and i'd be happy to help. i'm sending an "add" now ...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "yes" man by any means. I'm an advocate of self-motivation and independent thought, so if you need someone to give it to you straight, I can do that, but in the fact that I'm going to leave the choice up to you after presenting a multitude of options at your disposal. I may not be "mean" per se, but I do consider myself the best *kitten* I know. I don't sugarcoat jack. :happy: Feel free to add if you want.

*It should also be noted that I don't actively look into other peoples' diaries because it doesn't benefit me to do so, but if ever you need me to, I will upon request.

What he said! Except I'm the female version. I give it to you straight with no chaser. I'm not into sympathy or self pity. I'm the person that tells you to suck it up and MOVE. So if you can friend me if you like.

:0)
  • theaimster
    Options
    I would LOVE a mean friend. I always am having people tell me I'm doing so great so go ahead and eat that dessert or don't worry, you exercised a lot yesterday. I just need someone to say, why the crap did you eat that horrible food!?
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I need pushers in my life too! My real life friends are the same way as what ya'll described... I may be smaller than some, but that doesn't mean that I am at a healthy weight for me!
  • lord_lethris
    lord_lethris Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Quit posting on here and get your J-Lo butt to the GYM!, Mrs Marshmello.

...no GYM? I wanna see atleast 30 slow knee -ups! in 3, 10 rep sessions. (thats 10, rest for 30sec, then another 10, rest and so on.)

HUP TOO!!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    im pretty mean.
    errr i mean realistic
    :)
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    Oh honey ... friend request on the way.
    I'll kick your *kitten*.
  • trottola
    trottola Posts: 14
    Options
    I need mean friends too! I keep getting on and falling off the wagon but starting this week am back on it.. starting with a run on the beach in the rain!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    What he said! Except I'm the female version. I give it to you straight with no chaser. I'm not into sympathy or self pity. I'm the person that tells you to suck it up and MOVE. So if you can friend me if you like.

:0)
    [/quote]

Desirai, why am I not shocked that this is your personality?