Travel Food

Options
Hi guys. I'm going to be travelling in a couple months and for me that means a 24+ hour flight with layovers. I've done this a few times and while airline food is pretty good, it's usually not enough to keep me going the whole time. During layovers I either don't want to spend the money, don't have time to spend the money, don't want to buy what is available (usually high calorie foods), or don't have the right currency ;-) so I generally like to take food from home to eat on the way. My question to you all is... what food should I take to keep me going for such a long duration of time? What foods do you take on your travels? Thanks for the help! :-)

Replies

• cynchalax
    Options
    My husband travels quite a bit and we have found that Lara bars really help to keep you going. Also, Special K makes protein water that takes the edge off of hunger and comes in little powdered packets. (Though it is too strong for us to drink at full strength, we usually split one packet between teh 2 of us). Good Luck, I am interested to see what others have to add!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Larabars are great for this! I also tend to pack some fruits or veggies, (apples, carrots and celery seem to withstand the beating in my bag best) and maybe some nuts if it is a really long flight.

Something to be very aware of though - any produce/nuts etc may be taken from you when you arrive wherever you are going. ...so pack what you think you need, but don't go crazy! (The Larabars are good for that cause they are not considered 'produce' by customs.)

Safe travels!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just posted a simliar topic... if I get any good ideas I will let you know. I am flying to Germany next week and can't preorder a low fat/cal diet as I fly standby....