Failure

Options
So from like midnight to 3 am i binged last night. Not awesful, but definitely not good.
I emotional eat and don;t pay attention to calories, and now ugh.

I really cant calculate it, but should i take like 500 out of today? Or count that onto last night's and make yesterday a fail day?
Friday this week i have a big event involved food, and it was my planned cheat day, so now i dont know what to do :(

Any advice?

Replies

• Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    Dont worry about it, i have had days when i have overeaten. Why dont you just do some extra exercise today and then forget about yesterday? I tend to go exercise if i have gone over with my calories and i think it works. Good luck and keep going at it, Hollie x
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well you can't take it back so move on. It's not going to do you any good trying to make up for the binging by restricting your caloreis today. Just make today a good day and be proud of that.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Begin today as you mean to do going forward. Good luck!
  • MzTrapp
    MzTrapp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a day where they mess up, I had one yesterday. Personally I say hit the gym a little harder today and let yesterday stay in your rearview mirror. Yesterday is over so forget, Get back focused today and let's move on.
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks everyone, great advice.
    I will just let that go and not worry about it, as that could just make it worse anyways.

I love this site, such great support!!!
  • drcobb
    drcobb Posts: 1
    Options
    I am with others on here, its only one day dont punish yourself over it,
    but dont cut back, go do the exercise equivelent of burning those 500 cal. You'll feel a whole heap better after it :)
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    When you're losing weight, there is nothing that constitutes a failure. It's a learning experience. You now know that you emotionally eat, and when you start to feel that way, you can choose to do something else instead of eat. I would add it to yesterday, and move on today. No use crying over spilled milk! Move on, and think positively today!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Can't change the past, only the future. Use this as a learning experience and next time the situation arises, think about what you could do differently. I started getting the desire to munch last night around 10:30 pm. I usually don't go to bed until 11:30 but went to bed early so that I wouldn't start eating.

Good luck!
  • margvf
    margvf Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there....this is my first time replying to anyone! but what you wrote reminded me of me so I felt I should say something..... I think that part of the reason we have trouble with our weight is that we punish ourselves and make ourselves feel guilty when we eat...this of course makes us feel bad about ourselves which helps to destroy our self esteem which causes us to do things (like overeating) ....of course this re-enforces our negative feelings and the cycle continues.

I guess looking at our successes in the big picture may be more rewarding and positive.....

If you do add everything to your diary it does help...if you dont add it then you are hiding it....from yourself...add it and face up to it and move on...knowing that you can succeed because at some time you have succeeded!

Go girl!!!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    GO TO THE GYM!

work off what you indulged in. It`s the only way to right this wrong.