Office exercise

Options
i want to do something while I am in the office... but what? Any suggestions that wont make me look like a total freak?

Replies

• Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump, i work in a office too would love to hear the suggestions
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

The stomach vacuum, you can even do it while driving! It tightens up your abs, and helps you lose inches in your waist.
  • alanzo87
    alanzo87 Posts: 14
    Options
    i like wearing a pedometer to work. it motivates me to get up and walk around more often to get the numbers up.
  • Sarahf08
    Sarahf08 Posts: 6
    Options
    "The stomach vacuum, you can even do it while driving! It tightens up your abs, and helps you lose inches in your waist. "

How do you do this? I havent ever heard of it LOL!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    We have back stairs at work so I sneak out and walk up some flights and back down again. Not enough to sweat and get icky just enough to raise my heart rate. It's also a good 15 minute break.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    "The stomach vacuum, you can even do it while driving! It tightens up your abs, and helps you lose inches in your waist. "

It’s quite easy. All you do is stand/sit up straight, and exhale all of the air from your lungs, which should expand your chest. You may have to exhale in incriments to get ALL of the air our of your lungs. You then proceed to suck in your stomach as much as possible- you do this by trying to get your belly button to touch your backbone. Hold this for as long as possible, (ie around 30 seconds) and repeat.
  • markymark39
    Options
    A couple of people in my office have desk treadmills. just a treadmill with a desk around it for laptop and they do slow pace...around 2mph. not really practical imho, but they enjoy it.
  • funkystarfish
    Options
    lol I would def get weird looks if I had a treadmill! Gonna have to try those stomach exercises!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options

It’s quite easy. All you do is stand/sit up straight, and exhale all of the air from your lungs, which should expand your chest. You may have to exhale in incriments to get ALL of the air our of your lungs. You then proceed to suck in your stomach as much as possible- you do this by trying to get your belly button to touch your backbone. Hold this for as long as possible, (ie around 30 seconds) and repeat.

Are you supposed to hold your breath while holding the exercise?
  • bfh123
    bfh123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of things you can do. First and foremost, if you have a desk job, schedules yourself an alarm to get up and walk, even if it's around the office and back to your desk everything 30 minutes.

If you have a big enough office, sneak some planks in to strengthen your core.

You could work your shoulders and tris by lowering yourself from the edge of your desk simulating a dip using a bench.

If you have a wall press your back to the wall and lower yourself to a siting position, like you have an imaginary chair using your back against the wall for support. Hold this position as long as you can.