Hey everyone I'm new :D

Options
I had this account for awhile but I'm much more serious this time around :3 I would like to get fit and not thin :D I love my athletic build :D Anyways, I would love some friends to help motivate and I'll return the favor!!!!

Replies

• deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome Back! Stay focused and take advantage of everything the site has to offer. I found that so much of what I thought was true is actually false. Youre going to find alot of motivation her and tons of support.
    Feel free to add me if you want a nudge or a shove every now and then.
    Good Luck.
  • Shawnae1
    Shawnae1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here also. Wishing you well on your journey!
  • Gordie43
    Gordie43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gordie and I've been on a Diet most of my 67 years, so I thunk I'm an expert at what works and what doesn't. 3 years ago I weighed 310 pounds, OUCH! A friend suggested I look at Medifast. I did and I made my wife of 32 years a 'promise' I'd do it. I lost 73 pounds in 4 months. Since losing the first 73, I've lost another 42 pounds on will-power and encouragement from my wife and friends - real friends, who pry the chocs out of my hands, during a moment of weakness.

D, you can do it IF you make up your mind, NOT excuses to lose it and keep it off! I'm living proof. Cautionary Note: during my weight gain, I became a Type 2 Diabetic. While I'm not (now) taking any diabetes meds, I'm still a Type 2 and will be until I die. Diabetes has brutal side effects. For example, I steped on a tack 2 weeks ago and found it still in my heel, yesterday.
    Scratches take weeks not days to heal. Colds last months not days. You get the message!

Advice: make up your mind to lose 1-2 pounds weekly, maybe, 8 pounds per month. Be truthful with your .myfitnesspal.com FOOD and Exercise entries. No one sees your food diary but you, so enter everything you put in your mouth into your Food log. This website is a dream come true. Stay well. Best Regards, Gordie