Layer of fat

Options
mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
When I started using this site I began the 30 Day Shred. I made it through that and definitely lost inches and toned up. After the Shred I started mixing my workouts up a little bit. Cardio here and there and different workouts off my OnDemand channel. However, I am at a stand still with the layer of fat on my belly. The Shred did give me some nice results but I started getting bored with it. Should I suck it up and continue doing that? Should I include more cardio in my workout? I'll take any suggestions :smile:

Replies

• JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How how much fat are we talking about?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Flat no fat bellies are made in the kitchen. It's all about what you eat. I've had success with the Men's/Women's Health ABS diet. You can find tons of info by googling it.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You could try reducing your carbs, and up your protein temporarily to shake things up and kick-start your fat loss. At the same time, maybe give her new DVD a try- 'Ripped in 30'. A combo of new moves and a small dietary change will make you see changes. Just make sure you reduce and don't cut-out the carbs completely, so you don't end up over-indulging on them when you eat normally again...

This might help ya get the kick-start you need to burn off that fat :-).
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Not a ton - I tell my kids it's the leftovers from having them :laugh: My waist around my bellybutton is 30.5 inches. It went down a lot when I did the 30DS but I still have my little mommy pouch. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of it with hard work but I'm not sure what kind of hard work I should be doing. More cardio than anything else with some toning workouts stuck in there?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT training on the treadmill. I have used it very succesfully and I really was able to keep my muscle and get some goo off. I also really have been eating alot of fruit and staying away from anything processed.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not a ton - I tell my kids it's the leftovers from having them :laugh: My waist around my bellybutton is 30.5 inches. It went down a lot when I did the 30DS but I still have my little mommy pouch. I'm pretty sure I can get rid of it with hard work but I'm not sure what kind of hard work I should be doing. More cardio than anything else with some toning workouts stuck in there?

Try making your nutrition 'cleaner' lower the carb intake and increase the protein intake, just a little on both ends tho. Keep doing your cardio, Get a body composition test done and have it retaken once a month. trust the numbers from that rather than a scale.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Echo what they all said...

Nutrition is definitely key at this point.
    Also, make sure you don't have too high a deficit. When you only have a little left to lose, if you go to low, you will lose lean mass(muscle tone) instead of fat. This will make you feel "softer". You want to keep that muscle tone while losing the last bits of fat. Change your settings to lose HALF a pound a week, instead of the 1 (or 2?) you probably already have (not sure, just going by the same mistakes everyone makes at this point in their journey). The last bits of fat need to be coaxed off SLOWLY as your body REALLY REALLY wants to KEEP them. It's really the hardest part of the whole journey. Been there, done that. Then once you are happy, it's hard work to keep it there. A few months of maintenance and I had to switch to half a week again because it was creeping back. I slacked on the workouts for most of the winter....