Bucket of Chicken Fantasy

Options
Hi all

Thought I'd share my current craving. When at my biggest or most unhappy I would often buy a 10 piece bucket of fried chicken and eat it all over the course of an evening.

For some reason, and I don't know why, I have recently not only been tempted to buy a bucket of chicken, but I also have a recurring dream about eating it too.

I even roasted a chicken at home this weekend and had a sensible portion (skin off) to try and satsfy the craving. But I think I am really craving the fatty, fried, salty coating. Anyone have any ideas how I could produce something like KFC at home, but healthy???

Can't get that chicken out of my head! :-)

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Don't know how healthy it would be but it would have to be healthier than KFC. . .my mom used to make chicken dipped in egg and then dipped in crushed cornflakes and bake it. I'm sure there were other ingredients but I don't know the recipe exactly. You could maybe Google it or if it does sound like something you'd be interested in I can see if she still has the recipe. I remember it being really good as a kid but of course that's been a loooonnnggg time ago . .. lol :laugh:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat some, log it, and eat accordingly the rest of the day without going over? Seems the best way to knock out a craving is to first do what you did (trying to sastify it in a healthy way) but if that didn't work then just indulge once. This is a lifestyle change, not a death sentence. You can still eat the foods you like in moderation. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    As a baptist pastor...yep, get it. Col. Sanders is the Southern Baptist patron saint and it is called the "Baptist Bird" for a reason!
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    Why not just eat some, log it, and eat accordingly the rest of the day without going over? Seems the best way to knock out a craving is to first do what you did (trying to sastify it in a healthy way) but if that didn't work then just indulge once. This is a lifestyle change, not a death sentence. You can still eat the foods you like in moderation. :)

Probably right, I just don't trust myself. The bucket of chicken has become a bit of a crutch in times of trouble. Maybe I'll just plan around a reasonable portion this week and maybe that will be enought to stave the craving!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options

Probably right, I just don't trust myself. The bucket of chicken has become a bit of a crutch in times of trouble. Maybe I'll just plan around a reasonable portion this week and maybe that will be enought to stave the craving!

I agree, just buy a single serving instead of a whole bucket. I went to their website and the Original Recipe chicken breast has 360 calories so that of course isn't something you'd probably want to do every day but to take care of a craving that really isn't bad at all.
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    [/quote]I agree, just buy a single serving instead of a whole bucket. I went to their website and the Original Recipe chicken breast has 360 calories so that of course isn't something you'd probably want to do every day but to take care of a craving that really isn't bad at all.
    [/quote]

Woah, at 360 calories a piece no wonder my comfort eating caused me to gain! Thanks for the info!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    All last week I was craving a fish fillet sandwich, it's my favorite and there are commercials on constantly. So I had one yesterday (no tartar sauce and a baked potato). Strangely it was not as good as it was in my head, not nearly. I ate most of it, but tossed the rest. All that pining had created something ridiculous in my head, and the real fast food couldn't stand up to it. So have some KFC maybe it'll satisfy your craving and if you're lucky it'll kill it like it did mine.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try to ignor the craving and drive on by. I see the sign everytime I drive by. But I just drive right by.
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    Try to ignor the craving and drive on by. I see the sign everytime I drive by. But I just drive right by.

I haven't had a bucket of chicken for over 3 years, could have quite easily ignored the sign until very recently. There's a part of me which feels the need to binge. So I'll fight for as long as I can, and if I do cave hopefully it'll be far less enjoyable than I think it's going to be.
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ok! I say go and get yourself a 3-piece meal at KFC. We're all allowed a day to cheat, some say cheat with only one meal.
    You also will need to do more exercise the day you get your KFC. Go for it, we only live once and you say its been 3-years without the fried chicken.