Looking for some friends!

rrjs
rrjs Posts: 46
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I'd like to add some people on this site with similar goals so we can all motivate each other.

I'm 5' 1'', 130 lbs, and want to lose 15 lbs. I've yo-yoed from 135 at the highest to 126 when I was doing well a month or so ago, but I've since gained that four pounds back. I'm sick of going back and forth and working hard for weeks only to slip up and gain it all back soon afterward. Summer is just around the corner and I want to feel confident and be fit, especially because my summer job will involve a lot of running around and carrying heavy things!

So that's where I'm at, and I'd like to have some people to motivate/be motivated by.

Add me!

Replies

• Hello and welcome! I have a problem with yo-yoing too. My mom's physical therapist told me that may happen because you are putting on muscle, which weighs more than fat. I usually yo-yo, then hit a plateau and then hit a drop. She also told me that the best way to determine weight is to focus less on what the scales says and more on measurements. She said another way is the fit of your clothes; but that may be less accurate than measurements. Hope this helps! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    I just joined the site and would love to add you but I don't know how.
    I'm looking @ losing about 20 pounds and am interested in improving my eating habits. I have started excercising in thepast 1.5 weeks and am REALLY enjoying it.
    I look forward to "meeting" people on this site and getting encouragement along the way.
    Donna
This discussion has been closed.