odd food question

Options
Does anyone buy/eat the pureed fruits from the baby food aisle?

Replies

• greeneyedgirl
    Options
    Does anyone buy/eat the pureed fruits from the baby food aisle?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the stars doing this to lose weight, but you would be better off just eating the real deal. Also you have to watch those baby foods, alot of the deserts have added sugar.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that the real thing is going to be non-processed ... which is an excellent thing.
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I definitely agree with the "real" thing. My mom uses these products as another way to get some fruits in and I just wondered what everyone thought of it
  • missy0210
    Options
    I add the baby food veggies (such as squash) to foods like tomato sauce. It adds nutrition and is easy when I don't have alot of time to fix the fresh ingredient.
  • fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree the real thing is better, but I hate cutting up real fruit it's always so sticky, so I have been buying the precut up mixed fresh fruit bowls, and splitting it into servings. Pretty quick, and not so sticky.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I didn't even feed them to my son. I made my own baby food. That way, I knew exactly what he was eating. No preservatives and no extra sugar! :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    ew, the texture just grosses me out. lol
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I remember when my cousin got her wisdom teeth removed... all that she was allowed to eat was babyfood, pudding, soup and jello
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I add the baby food veggies (such as squash) to foods like tomato sauce. It adds nutrition and is easy when I don't have alot of time to fix the fresh ingredient.

What a great idea!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've heard of using baby food (like prunes) in place of fat in some recipes (a chocolate cake comes to mind).
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I didn't even feed them to my son. I made my own baby food. That way, I knew exactly what he was eating. No preservatives and no extra sugar! :smile:

I'm with you! It saved us $ in the long run, too!

You can try making your own. It is really quite easy. Lots of hints & tips online!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

You can try making your own. It is really quite easy. Lots of hints & tips online!

Soooo gonna do this the next time around.
    Not so much cause of the money but I am getting more worried about what my family eats.
  • AtlantisFish
    Options

Oooooooooooooooh good idea!!!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't know if anyone said this yet because I am totally A.D.D. today but baby food is made from the fruits and vegetables that are no longer viable for market, in other words the food that is almost rotten. :happy: It does also have sugars and preservatives added most of the time. Eventually you are going to have to learn to prepare and eat the grown up stuff :tongue:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Soooo gonna do this the next time around.
    Not so much cause of the money but I am getting more worried about what my family eats.

I bought an awsome book called "Super Baby Food", by Ruth Yaron. It has month by month plans for your babies food! It was very informative and helpful! It's well worth investing in!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You know, I sent away for that book 3 years ago when my oldest was a baby & never got the stinkin' thing & my check was never cashed. Wonder what happened to that.... Things that get lost in the mail, I guess!