not new but need help!

Options
I am a 30 year old mom of four kids. I am not new to this site, but have not been doing what I need to do to lose weight. I have fell off the diet wagon...any support you could send my way I would appreciate it!!! I could use all the friends on here I can get!! THANKS in advance!!! :)

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Hi! I can say from experience you are not alone in falling off the wagon. . .I have fell off and stayed under the wagon so many times it's not even funny. But I can also say that is what has caused me to gain back in the past year more than half the weight I had lost. So in my opinion the important thing is don't beat yourself up over a little "mistake" and just get right back into it no matter how many times you have to do that. Best of luck to you. . .I know you can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. . I love meeting people to share the ups & downs of this journey with. :smile:
  • cyoung090702
    cyoung090702 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love some pointers on how to drop some pounds - 33 years old with 2 boys. I need help....:sad:
  • Ballmom22
    Ballmom22 Posts: 27
    Options
    You just have to get your head back in it. Remember all the reasons why you wanted/needed to lose in the first place. I have a "fat pic" of me taped right on my moniter here at work so I get to see that all day long. I too have gained the last couple of weeks after loosing over 40lbs since Oct and doing so well in maintaing. I am determined that this is not going to happen. I used to say I feel off the wagon and it ran over me because it was just so hard to find that motivation once you lost it but go back you can do it!!!!!
  • cyoung090702
    Options
    I like that idea to post a fat pic of myself - to motivate me to keep going. Thanks :smile:
  • jsavy
    jsavy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am not new here either but I do believe if you log on here everyday good OR bad it helps ,may be a pound at a time but it adds up.
    Things I do is, try to stay away from bread or butter all the extra things that come with the meal, watch your drinks at ( I use diet ) the table.
    I am sure you know all the things we need to do and we all stuggle but you have to want it so bad, imagine yourself in that bathing suit for Summer or hang that skinny dress you want to see yourself in. I myself chart and hang my loss or gain on the front of the frig and chart at the computer also.
    There are many things out there in the stores, Skinny Cow has so many good things and Smart Ones for them times when you don`t want to cook ( I eat out which is really hard). In my area I can get 35 calorie a slice bread and that really helps too.
    Good Luck you CAN do it just lean on your friends here and don`t think diet and try not to dwell on it just let it happen slowly, I also weigh everyday so I am always aware each and everyday ( weigh in the morning ) if I blew it the night before.....
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    First thing to do is forgive yourself. It's just a blip in a long road, pick yourself up, dust yourself of and begin again. You can do this
  • cyoung090702
    Options
    Question:

I sit all day @ work. We go walking @ work - in the morning and afternoon. The hardest thing for me is eating. Work: 7:30 am (I skip breakfast - do about 4oz of coffee). I have to telll myself to do lunch (around 1 or 2pm) Get off at 4:30 (sometimes I'm not hungry for dinner)

I hear so many people say - do little meals - its hard for me to do regular meals. I know when I sign on and log my meals for that day - at the end it always say - need to eat more - (metabolism). It's hard - I get in a work mode and everything else is forgotten - even meals...
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi Chummom, I am new on here and can use some friends! I also have 4 kids, so I understand what you are going through. What is huge for me is getting to the gym. It has definitely helped me get time to myself, feel good exercising, and help me lose weight. We can encourage each other!

~Donna