Help!

Options
jemahn
jemahn Posts: 6 Member
I joined this site due to the success and enthusiasm of a friend of mine. I always give up when I reach my plateau and I want to fight through it this time. Friends, tips and suggestions are WELCOME! :)

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:
    I'll send you a friend request.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Logging in everyday helps. Even if you get off track 1 day, log it. I helps me to want to get back on track. Good luck.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request! I'm new too, need some people to keep me encouraged!
  • Grover_8211
    Options
    Do you have kids?

I'm new to this site, but I'm not new to the daily persistence of wanting to be healthy and fit. Most of my childhood, including up into college, I was always active, and weight was never an issue. Then, after getting married, and having 3 children in less than 5 years, I finally understood what it meant to have to work to be healthy. I struggled a lot with motivation to get active again, and for the first time, was actually paying attention to what I ate. However, watching my own mother, who is obese and was diagnosed with diabetes not too long ago, and then looking at our 3 kids, I finally realized that if I couldn't stay healthy for myself, then at least I should do it for them. They need a mom who will not only hang around as long as possible, but they also need a mom who can run, jump and play with them. Or, as my pessimistic, overdramatic mind sometimes thinks, they need a mom who can run out in front of a moving car for them, as quick as a flash.

In other words, a very long explanation to simply say, don't just think of doing this for yourself, but also for those who love you. To not only be the best version of yourself for them, but to also help them be the best versions of themselves. And in the process, you begin to internalize the drive to be healthy, and eventually, you understand that you are worth the hard work of taking care of your body. After all, it is our personal vehicle for getting around! Gotta keep it maintained and tuned up! This has worked for me very well, and as validation for my advice, I lost 55 pounds since our 3rd child, and am back to what I weighed my sophomore year of high school. I have kept off the weight for over a year now, and am still going strong. It gets addictive the longer you stick with it. Find an exercise routine that you LOVE. If you don't love it, you won't stick with it.

Good luck to you, and sorry for the mini novel!
  • jemahn
    jemahn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Grover, My youngest of three is 16 and going to a boarding high school in the fall to join her sister. My divorce should be final in June and it is time for me to look and feel good. Wanting to be attractive hasn't been a big priority for me for a long time, but it is now. I am hoping this site will help me with my eating habits, because I don't think exercise is the issue. : )