Busy Moms Fighting Back!

nic21cin
nic21cin Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Motivated, Unmotivated, Motivated, Unmotivated! What a vicious cycle! It is time to take charge and make time for me and set my work out and eating healthy goals. If you are a mom and want to join me for a motivational blog. Please jump on this blog and post freely here! Everything and Anything open for discussion!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I completely agree with your post. I am finding I have to get up very early in the morning to get my 'me' time I need to get my weight under control.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Count me in! After spending the last week enjoying spring break with my children and enjoying a tantrum from my inner child it is back to business for me. I've got my shoes laced up and my hair pulled back and I am ready for the fight!:happy:
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    I completely agree with your post. I am finding I have to get up very early in the morning to get my 'me' time I need to get my weight under control.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member

I agree 100% when I was trying to find "ME" time in the evenings it was impossible. By the time I got all the dinner and kid stuff done it was much too late and I was way to tired. Now I get up at 5am just to run and I LOVE IT!!
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    I am will all you Moms! I have been at this a few months now, and I now have my motivation andI am on the right track, but it was a slow start. I used to work out in the evenings, and found myself going crazy with my husband and child needing my attention, so I switched it up to the AM workouts. Even though it was not fun getting up an hr earlier, it sure has paid off. I get an hr to exericse and then and another hr to take my time and get ready before the house wakes up! This change has helped a ton! Good luck to all of you along your journey!
  • Beefyg
    Beefyg Posts: 27
    YES, YES, YES!!! This is a great idea! Us moms really need to put ourselves first when it comes to our health. We are the role models for our children. I started working out about a year ago and I do it early in the morning before anyone is awake. My daughter does complain about me leaving but I explain to her how important it is to stay fit and healthy. She can run and play at school and I can't do that at work so I need to fit it into my day. Plus at 4:45AM my brain is not working so I just get up and go. :laugh:

Moms need to invest in themselves so they can invest in their children, husbands, work, and everything else that is tossed into our laps. GO MOMS!!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    I am in. The first few weeks were easy. But after the first 10 pounds I lost(water weight I am sure) I have not lost anymore, and I am feeling unmotivated. I did drop a pant size, that was nice. But I don't look any different.

I am going to start with some changes that might be a little easier for me. I am going to start drinking those 8 glasses of water. I am going to start going to bed at 10.
  • nic21cin
    My goal this week is at least 4 morning workouts. I am with most of you, the evening just doesn't cut it. If I don't get up early and work out while the rest are still asleep- I will not do it, period.
    So if this is a mom blog- we need some kiddo info of course! My son will turn 2 on April 22nd. Thoughts are there for another- but we have not begun any process. Time will tell. I would like to see me in better shape so my body will handle another pregnancy better.
  • nic21cin
    I got up this morning and worked out. Makes me feel so good about myself when I actually do it. The depression kicks in when I'm lazy! Keep up the good work moms!
This discussion has been closed.