I'm not losing weight

Options
I don't really know what to do. I've stayed under my calorie limit all week. I played tennis and I walk all day. I'm at 1,200 calories right now should I lower it? I really need some advice.

Replies

• mollie526
    Options
    I was having the same problem and someone told me I wasn't eating enough. I started getting really close to my daily goal trying not to leave too many and I started losing again. Good luck, don't give up!
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Don't ever go under 1200. It has only been a week.. could be water weight or muscle weight. Give it time and keep it up :)
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in answers as well. Although I did have two off days, so that may contribute to mine.
  • amandakoorime
    Options
    If you go under 1200 calories you body drops into starvation mode and collects all the calories and turns it into fat, so dropping lower won't help. I'm not sure what you're eating so I can't be of much help. Sometimes a slight diet change maybe needed or maybe you need to change your walking into jogging.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You need to eat to lose the weight. I know it sounds crazy but with the correct portions and the correct nutritutes you will lose. Mix up the exercise every 4 weeks will get you off a plateau. :flowerforyou:
  • thebunches
    Options
    One of the biggest drawbacks to weight loss is not eating enough. As great as it is to be "under your calorie limit", if you're not getting close to that number, your body is storing fat to use to fuel itself because it doesn't know when it's next calories are coming. Train your body to count on your meals at certain times, eat enough calories in your daily goal (try to hit 1199 calories), and the weight will come off.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!! :) You can do it!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas. I am in the same boat!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It takes along time for your body to go into starvation mode,however if your not eating enough it will hold onto calories to use as fuel
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Just posted a similar thread and everyone told me I wasn't eating enough... Eat more I guess :ohwell:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    if your goal is 1200, try to get close, slightly under to slightly over, and make sure you eat back the calories you burn from exercise. If you burned 300 cals playing tennis, your new goal is 1500 (1200+300)
  • Endralo
    Endralo Posts: 8
    Options
    I have experienced the same frustrations. Maybe you need to changed your workouts, mix it up a bit--perhaps add some relaxation exercises coupled with something to bring the heart rate up--something you've never done before to perk up your body and mind! Also, maybe it's the food choices?--try something new. I know for me, it's easy to grab the same thing day after day. Just be sure to not go under 1200 calories. It's better to actually be above your caloric goal than below it, because this slows down the burning and using of fuels. I know you'll start losing and feeling healthier! "Rome wasn't built in a day" :)
  • pinksherbert
    pinksherbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am not sure whether this is recommended advice, but when this happens to me, I mix it up a bit - go over by 200 on a day and then make it up over 2 days - and repeat throughout the week. It keeps your body guessing - and is more representative of 'real' life where you have some treat days and some healtier days.

That said, sometimes your body just needs to readjust to its lower weight, so just ride out the week or 2 that you stay the same - keep eating well and it will come to you...

HTH

x
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    if your goal is 1200, try to get close, slightly under to slightly over, and make sure you eat back the calories you burn from exercise. If you burned 300 cals playing tennis, your new goal is 1500 (1200+300)

Yep What he said :smile: It works
  • fifibox
    fifibox Posts: 69
    Options
    im running a challenger and 1of members met all her exercise n calorie goals but didnt lose and said she's goin to be even tighter, but from what u guys have said, she actually needs to be eeating more. interesting
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If you share your food diary, we can give better comments, but here are my thoughts:

1) How much under 1200 are you going? Try to stay right at or slightly above your goal. (I've actually had better luck at 1500 than I did at 1200, so experiement with your goals to see what works best for you.)

2) Are you eating back your exercise calories? You should be.

3) Are you accurately logging food amounts, exercise amounts, etc.? If you're not accurate, it can throw the calculations off.

4) What is your activity level set to? If you are walking all day, I'd change it to lightly active rather than log all that walking.

5) Try to mix things up--different foods, different exercise routine, different amount of calories...

6) How long have you been trying? If it's only been a week or so, you might just be holding onto water from using your muscles in new ways. Drink LOTS of water!

Good luck!
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing this long, just a few months. But what I noticed is that I will lose like 1 lb one week, then nothing, then gain 2, then my period starts, then about 9 days later I re-weigh and I have lost 4-5lbs. It's done this for the last 2 months now. I have been getting frusturated, but my body must just hold on to a lot of water until after my period.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you, I'm in the same boat, 1200 calories of healthy eating and P90X daily but no weight loss for a month :(
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    You really need to give it more time than 1 week to expect results. I'd say by week 3 you will probbly start noticing it on the scale.
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Honeslty up your calories by 100 for a week and see what happens. and eat all 1300. Anything below 1200 can make it really hard to lose weight. I had your same problem and I went to a nutritionist who had me add an extra 100 a week and now im at 1500 to 1600 a day. I also cut out alot of processed sugars and that seemed to help. I know adding calories can be scary but just try it for a few weeks. if you lose at 1300 and you keep losing then that was a great number but if you find that you were losing at 1300 and then you all of a sudden are not add an extra 50 to a 100.
  • ArtTeacha
    ArtTeacha Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been wondering about that very thing. So ur saying I should be eating back the calories I burned from exercise, I've been feeling guilty about that, didn't know if that was ok to do.