LADIES!!!

Options
Do you all weigh during your period? I was told not to, but just curious about everyone else ?:yawn:

Replies

• ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't change my routine at that time, and if I don't see the number I want on my scale, I just know that the next week I'll make it up.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I do, but I also know that the day before it starts I'm guaranteed to be up a pound or two, and then drops off then a day or two into it. So, yes, I weigh-in, but I don't get too stressed about it if I see a number I don't like!
  • lovebyrd17
    Options
    I weigh myself regardless, but don't stress over the number...
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    I am on my period now and havent weight i am going to wait till i am done
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Hehe I'm new to this weighing oneself thing - I didn't regularly for years!

Since I joined MFP and committed to weighing in once a week (or as near too as I can manage since I won't have scales in the house) I will be doing it on Thursday in town at my usual clinic - TOM or no TOM :tongue:
  • crystal10584
    Options
    I do... but like everyone else, I don't stress if the number goes up.
  • ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Im not adding my weight this week due to good ole mother nature...I had a gain of 8 lbs . So, hopefully next week it will be a GREAT number!!!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do but then get all sad when the # goes up (because it does everrry time) I am going to try not to anymore because it's just not worth the stress.
  • GeminiStayFresh
    Options
    Thank you all for your response it has been helpful. I too am one to beat myself up if the number goes up so I think it best if I skip this week. It is easy to become a slave to the scale, so I am going to do my best to be positive and not let that happen. Thanks again!
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i do weigh in...i get scared but then i dont stress...if it goes up its probably cuz of the bloating..thats what i always say...but i keep going with my routine and drink plenty of water :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I do, and even though I should know better by now, I always have that momentary freakout, of "how could I gain this much overnight?!?" Then, of course, I realize why. In a weird way, I almost like seeing my weight go up, because I know it's not because of anything I did, and I know that if I keep working, after it will go down and I'll feel like I accomplished something. It's almost motivates me a bit to see a big weight drop.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have no idea when my period is, so I just continue to weigh myself regardless.
    I actually wish I had some idea what part of my cycle I am in so that I could factor that into things. I have an IUD and haven't had a period in 4 years (although I know that my cycle is continuing, I just don't bleed or get cramps anymore).
  • LittleMissPeacock
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and if i'm on, just know it's going to go up a little. It soon goes back down as long as you stick to it x
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I weigh in. I don't gain though due to how much water I drink. As long as I maintain the amount I usually drink I also don't bloat up.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I usually do. Last month I was so frustrated by the numbers that I took the batteries out of my scale and didn't put them back for about 3 weeks.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday no matter what. It helps me to notice trends in gains. Although...about 2 days before to about 2-3 days into my period I always gain a few pounds. That is my body and I expect this each month. Another trend as a result of daily weighing! ;)
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    mine should be arriving in a few days...I like to weigh every 3 days so I really dont want to because im usually heavier to the scale, but at the end its falls off...so im still undecided...maybe i wont and work extra hard to see a good number fall off :)
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! YOu can for your own info, but it's usually up from 3-6lbs....I usually wait two weeks after...:cry:
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    I usually do, but I also know if the scale is up...it's also to that effect :)