URGENT HELP (numbers hurt my brain)! -_-

Options
Hi!

I have an urgent, yet possibly the most stupidest, question I need to ask, as it's probably been mentions but I can't find it at the moment.

I exercise and burn around 600/800 calories per session BUT the food I'm able to eat only gets my net calories to around 800. Is that damaging to my weight loss goal??

Do my net calories have to be 1200 too? If so, what is the point of all that exercising??

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm flogging a dead horse, but I'm really confused as to what will help me lose a steady amount of weight (i.e 2/3 lbs a week).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    the food you're able to eat? Do you have massive food allergies or something?
  • Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No, I meant the food that satisfies my hunger. Once I'm full, I stop eating but that often leads to me being under the recommended net of 1200. So i was wondering if my net calories has to be 1200.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yes you need to NET at least 1200 and eat back your exercise calories. What is the point of exercise? Well to be healthy and give your body the fuel it needs to function.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Basically MFP already gives you a calorie deficit....1200 being the lowest. So if you do nothing all day long and eat 1200 calories you should lose weigh as the deficit is already there. Add exercise (say 500 calories burned) and you are now taking the 1200 calories minus the 500 you burned and are only leaving you body with 700 calories to survive on...that is NOT enough.

You should be netting 1200 and eating back all of your exercise calories.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes you need to NET at least 1200 and eat back your exercise calories. What is the point of exercise? Well to be healthy and give your body the fuel it needs to function.

There are a few great posts I will see if I can find for you.

Agreed. 1200 net calories is the bare minimum!!! I personally like to get at least 1400.
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes you need 1200 net. Also, sounds like you may only be eating a few times per day. Eat 5-6 small meals per day, this will drive your metabolsim, and you will liekly want to eat more.
  • Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! That pretty much underlined that I've been putting my body into starvation mode as I'm not eating enough to balance out my exercise! I'll try and find more calorie dense/protein enriched food to help with the weight loss.

@ michelletyler38 - I'm in awe right now looking at your before/after pictures.