Anyone drive the new Ford Fiesta???

Options
AQHAShowgirl
AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
I have a looong commute to and from work (An hour each way....longer on bad roads.) and am looking for an economical car that's still fun to drive. I just turned 300,000K on my 2000 Sunfire so am looking for a replacement soon. Been thinking about the Ford Fiesta. Love the hatchback (I have horses and frequent transport saddles or pick up feed in my car.) and Lime green is my signature color. Also think the SYNC technology would be great.

Wondering if anyone has one and what they think??

Elana

Fiesta-1.jpg

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Sorry, have never driven one and don't know anyone who owns one. I've never looked at them because they are too small for my family. Hope you get some good input!
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    BUMP
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I have one (not the hatchback though) and I love it.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have a 2000 jetta TDI and get 45 mpg mixed city and highway.

I just looked up the fiesta and looks like it has a diesel as well, but only in Europe :angry: :grumble: I suppose the one the US gets isn't bad with 40 mpg, but it isn't 63 mpg combined. Wait, I just saw you're in Canada, maybe there's hope for you :bigsmile:

I suggest buying a VW diesel if you put on a ton of miles, which it sounds like you do. It would be a lot cheaper, and the engine would last you a lot longer (I have seen many easily hit 400,000 miles with city driving). Try for a pre 2008 (I think) for more fuel efficiency.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    BUMP