Hi I'm new

Options
Hello :) I'm new here.. trying to lose about 30lbs. I'm currently 165lbs and hoping to get down to about 135lbs by the end of summer. My biggest problem is lack of motivation! Some weeks I'll be on track doing great and others I'm slacking! The hardest thing is that I am a college student so I don't really have that many healthy choice options on campus :(

Replies

• jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
    I'm the same way....do great then flounder! I've been losing weight since November. So far 20lbs gone. Want to lose another 10lbs and I'll be happy. Feel free to friend me if you want...I'll try to motivate you if I can :)
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Christine! I think you'll find lots of motivation and support here :) When I was in college I hit up the salad bar for lunch and I was fortunate that there was always a do it yourself stir fry station available, so I could get a healthy dose of protein and veggies. Whether it's the challenge of dorm food or the temptations you can find EVERYWHERE I try to give myself limited options when I'm out so that the decision is pre-made. For example, when I go to Italian restaurants, my choices are caesar salad with lean grilled protein (salmon, shrimp, chicken), dressing on the side with extra lemon and a cup of minestrone soup or if I want some starchy carbs, I pick the capellini pomodoro (just olive oil, tomatoes, basil and parm as a garnish). I truly enjoy both of these meals, I can eat out with friends without fear of wrecking my nutrition plan and I alleviate any anxiety over what to order. I hope this helps some :) Please feel free to add me as a friend- I'd love to support you in reaching your goals! ~Jenn
  • tisa1marie
    tisa1marie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am fairly new as well. I think the best feature to this site and program is that you can look up just about anything and adjust your eating to the program. I have noticed that I pay much more attention to everything I eat now. I can imagine that it is difficult being in college, thankfully it seems that the schools are trying to incorporate more healthy choices for their students. I am a die-hard chocolate fanatic, so its been very difficult for me, and myfitnesspal has been probably the biggest help to me. I wish you all the best and KNOW that if I can do it, you can do it too!!! :smile:
  • jblazq
    jblazq Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how motivation will totally slow you down! I also know that when you're in college there is a lack of time too. I know with me that if I set too big of a goal it seems overwhelming and I lose motivation. I focus on doing just 30 mins of something everyday and that helps me stay consistent with my exercise. I also hold things back I enjoy until after I exercise such as going with friends or sitting down to relax and watch a movie. And the food.... I think my biggest problem back in college was that my portion size was waaaaay to big. The secret to eating healthy is everything in moderation. You might be surprised, but even burgers are healthy for you just don't eat them everyday, maybe once every other week. If you want a list of some of the meals I eat let me know :) Good luck and take one day at a time!
  • kissmyalcaba
    Options
    I am new...this is my third day, and I already see the benefits of this program. I lost 20 pounds then nothing. So, my neighbor noticed I was always working out, but was not getting any results. He recommended this site. Now, In three days I see and feel a difference. A balanced meal is necessary. Eating too little leaves you tired....eating too much gives you no results. Now, I am balanced. So grateful for a neighbor who cared.
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
  • kissmyalcaba
    Options
    I have been doing this for about 6 days and is already 3-3.5 pounds down. I am hoping to lose a little over 100 pounds. So happy to have this program as a tool.:drinker:
  • kch0088
    kch0088 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi - also a newbie (joined today)! I was telling a friend that I was thinking of rejoining WW and he told me about this [free] site. Okay...as long as I stay accountable, this is fantastic. I'm wishing you much luck. When I did WW a few years ago, I started at 167 and got down to 143 (my goal at the time) in about 12 months. I learned a lot and kept it off but now have started moving back up the scale. It's only 6 pounds over that goal, but at 52, those pounds have all migrated to my mid-section! I'm going for 135 this time.