Interesting Info to loose weight

jenhenning219
jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
How to make a Fat Loss Plate
January 27, 2011 by Beth
This was such a popular post back in 2009, I thought I would share it on the site again. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Robert Ferguson
Making a Food Lovers Fat Loss Plate is remarkably simple. And, best of all you can do it with absolutely anything. To make a Fat Loss Plate, all you need is the right combination of Proteins and Carbohydrates in the right amounts so that you “Optimize Your Glycemic Profile” and move your body from “Fat Storing Mode” to “Fat Burning Mode.”
The first question you ask yourself is: “What’s my Protein?” Every Fat Loss Plate starts with one portion of Protein. Very simply, a “Protein” is anything that once walked, flew or swam. It’s meat, fish, poultry as well as soy products, and a “portion” is generally about the size and thickness of the palm of your hand.
After that, you ask yourself: “What’s my Carbohydrate?” A carb is, generally speaking, anything that once grew in the ground or is made from something that once grew in the ground. There are two types of carbs: Slow Carbs and Fast Carbs. Slow Carbs are foods like fibrous vegetables, greens, beans and berries. Fast Carbs are foods like sweet fruits, starchy veggies like potatoes and rice as well as foods made with processed grains and sugars like bread, pasta, candy and alcoholic beverages.
Once you’ve identified your Protein and your carb, making a Fat Loss Plate is easy. The most basic Fat Loss Plate is one portion each of Protein, Fast Carb and Slow Carb, and then there are several variations.
Stick to the Proper Proportions of your Fast Carbs, Slow Carbs and Proteins.
KEEP PROPORTIONS SEPARATED - Eat a portion of Protein (e.g., fish, turkey, chicken) with your portion of Fast Carbs (e.g., potato, corn, rice) and portion of Slow Carbs (i.e., blueberries, broccoli, green peas).
CONDIMENT TIP: when adding flavor or complimenting your meals - recommended proportions of cheese (1/2 oz), salad dressings (2 TBSP) and oils (1 TBSP) to name a few.
4 VERSIONS OF A FAT LOSS PLATE
VERSION A.

Steak (Protein) + Baked Potato (Fast Carb) + Broccoli (Slow Carbs)
VERSION B.

Pork Chop (Protein) + Mixed Vegetables (Slow Carbs)
VERSION C.

Eggs (Protein) + 2 Slices of Toast (Fast Carb)
VERISON D.

Fat Loss Solo (Everything Mixed Together)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.